[NL20-NL50] [NL50] T9s 3b pot

• ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Hello.

Villain is 29/24/14.6 reg (679 hands) who is super aggro.

3b SB vs. BU: 37 (19)
      3b SB vs. BU (vs. Hero): 60 (5)
      C-bet flop 3b pot: 71 (17)
      C-bet turn 3b pot: 38 (8)

Calling pre-flop is std I assume. He seems like the kind of guy we want to float a lot because of his high flop/low turn c-bet, so we'll call any flop we have some equity on. Here we have some BDFD/BDSD, and we know that he barrels on Axx probably 100% of the time in this spot. We also expect him to double barrel this particular board often to try and fold out under pairs.

Can I ask the following questions about our line?

(1) What turn cards you call on?
      (2) What turn cards you raise on?
      (3) If he checks blank turns, what is your action?
      (4) If he checks T/Q/K turns, what is your action?

For me, I do not think I call again on any turn card. I raise any K/Q/8/T/club. Vs. a check, I'm not so sure. I know this is a lot to ask from you judges but I just really need to work on my game in 3b pots with wide ranges, and would love to know what your general game plan vs. such aggro opponents would be?

Many thanks!

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $29.89 (59.8 bb)
      CO: $66.73 (133.5 bb)
      SB: $53.70 (107.4 bb)
      BB: $92.17 (184.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $56.73 (113.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 T
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.29, SB raises to $4, BB folds, Hero calls $2.71

Flop: ($8.50) 2 A J (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero ???
  • 2 replies
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      If you think he barrels a lot on this board, then with so little equity, I think there is no point in calling. Also this board hits his range quite often. So calling flop, just to raise on K/Q/8/T/club turns is very risky, some of those card improves his range too. So I think there is no point fighting against overaggro players with such a weak hand, just fold it on the flop.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop is definitely OK.

Postflop there's a lot to discuss as a general gameplan and will outline something in a second. Your hand is too weak to call imo so I think unless you know he cbets and gives up turns often, just fold now. Hits his range reasonably well, you have little equity.

3BET POTS:

I personally like to call way more than raise. I have noticed a very common leak regulars have is to bet/bet/check/fold too often. People go for 2 barrels too often and they always check/fold river, they never check/call. Knowing this, I have started creating ranges that can call down (I slowplay quite a bit and bluffcatch often as well) and shove all my busted draws on river when they check too often.

If they don't have this leak of checking river often after betting twice, I just start floating flops and shoving turns with about the same range I would have had on the river. This means draws, value hands (but not all, I still want to call sometimes) and rarely complete bluffs.

What all this revolves around is your opponent's range though. If it's weak you can attack/play back with raises and calls ofc. If your hand can withstand pressure, has equity and your opponent gives up on barreling some of the time I prefer calls to play back. If he always barrels I lean towards raising, like I previously mentioned with just about all my range in order to realise my equity and make him fold his big share when I have bluffs.