[NL20-NL50] T7o bu

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 94.92 BB (VPIP: 21.52, PFR: 17.25, 3Bet Preflop: 10.11, Hands: 764)
      UTG: 113.34 BB (VPIP: 22.76, PFR: 19.86, 3Bet Preflop: 8.03, Hands: 1,579)
      MP: 66.96 BB (VPIP: 52.94, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
      CO: 363.94 BB (VPIP: 20.25, PFR: 14.10, 3Bet Preflop: 3.23, Hands: 81)
      Hero (BTN): 104.64 BB
      SB: 228.56 BB (VPIP: 20.69, PFR: 13.79, 3Bet Preflop: 18.18, Hands: 29)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:heart: 7:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB calls 1.5 BB, fold

Flop: (5 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond: 7:spade: 6:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 3.74 BB, SB raises to 11 BB, Hero calls 7.26 BB

Turn: (27 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
      SB bets 16 BB, Hero calls 16 BB

River: (59 BB, 2 players) T:spade:
      SB bets 45 BB, Hero calls 45 BB

Hero shows T:heart: 7:club: (Two Pair, Tens and Sevens) (Pre 34%, Flop 78%, Turn 86%)
      SB shows K:heart: Q:spade: (High Card, King) (Pre 66%, Flop 22%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins 143 BB

I usually fold this hand preflop, but sometimes I make mistake. I call and plan to bluff catch on non A or K since people usually call from blinds with this hands and then bluff raise. When the flush comes, off course he might have it but he would be afraid with overpair to barrel so.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GingerKid,

What was your plan if you didn't hit two pair on the river? Were you going to call the river unimproved?

As played this is very villain dependent and what we expect him to raise with. I can see him raising with a lot of FDs and I do agree that there's not a lot else he can vbet other than sets and flushes.

The fact that we get two pair on the river doesn't change much because anything he bet for value is better than our hand. So if we call with 2p we might as well call with 1p. But going back I think that I would look at folding the flop because, without info, it's going to be really hard for us to play turn/river on a lot of cards.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi GingerKid,

What was your plan if you didn't hit two pair on the river? Were you going to call the river unimproved?

As played this is very villain dependent and what we expect him to raise with. I can see him raising with a lot of FDs and I do agree that there's not a lot else he can vbet other than sets and flushes.

The fact that we get two pair on the river doesn't change much because anything he bet for value is better than our hand. So if we call with 2p we might as well call with 1p. But going back I think that I would look at folding the flop because, without info, it's going to be really hard for us to play turn/river on a lot of cards.
      I would still call it also if unimproved. I think that hitting 2 pairs doesnt change so much. With 2 pairs I am ahead of Jx but I think he wouldnt barrel it because I could easily have QQ+, set or flush is very likely. So I still would call and expect to be better than overcards, and vs set and flush I am anyway behind.

I agree with you that it should be fold on flop. Is it better to bluffcath if I would have top pair on flop T high? And at least having AT, KT, that I am not afraid of K or A if it comes on turn or river??

Anyway now when I have more time to think, It is especially fold on turn if not on flop, because I lose vs sets and flushes which he might raise, and even if he raises on flop with overcards, he still has nice equity to beat me.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GingerKid
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi GingerKid,

I would still call it also if unimproved. I think that hitting 2 pairs doesnt change so much. With 2 pairs I am ahead of Jx but I think he wouldnt barrel it because I could easily have QQ+, set or flush is very likely. So I still would call and expect to be better than overcards, and vs set and flush I am anyway behind.

I agree with you that it should be fold on flop. Is it better to bluffcath if I would have top pair on flop T high? And at least having AT, KT, that I am not afraid of K or A if it comes on turn or river??

Anyway now when I have more time to think, It is especially fold on turn if not on flop, because I lose vs sets and flushes which he might raise, and even if he raises on flop with overcards, he still has nice equity to beat me.
      Well said.

TPTK beats some of the TP type hands that he raises and we also have a chance to cooler him if lets say he ck/raises NFD and the turn brings an Ax.