This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TPTK 3bet bot vs tight reg, river decision

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      I don't think it is profitable to isolate my hand preflop. Plus I have to balance my 3bet-call.
      The turn is so ugly. And the river decision is so hard. Actually I beat only bluffs.
      Which line on turn/river is the best do you think? And his river agg freq is really low... :(

Is it profitable to catch here bluffs or AK?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.68)
      BB ($12.71)
      UTG ($4)
      Hero ($17.23)
      CO ($15.11)
      BTN ($12.69)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.05) 8:spade: 3:club: A:diamond:

BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($4.05) 8:spade: 3:club: A:diamond: Q:club:

BB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

RIVER ($8.25) 8:spade: 3:club: A:diamond: Q:club: 6:club:

BB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50
  • 5 replies
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Plus if his 3bet is polarised, he probably has many combination AcXc. So right now I think the call is awful.
      The question is: Is it possible to fold turn here?
    • CptCap
      CptCap
      Bronze
      He 3bets 17% v steals in the BB, cbets 75% in 3bet pots and has a 9,5 turn AF..
      Don't you think that would be a very tight fold?

Do you only include A :club: x :club: in his range + AQ?
      What else do you think he could bet the turn + river with?

As played you should probably just call down
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      CptCap, it's not a steal situation. That makes me think his range is even more polarized. Also he knows I'm not so wide from mp.
      Cmon guys, could you please check out the hand. I really doubt how to play such spot. :-(
      Right now I think 4bet call is much easier decision. But also I have to learn postflop. :)
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      del
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Why do we need to balance a 3-bet calling range at 10nl versus someone like him? Do you expect him to pay attention to your range enough to worry about a balanced range there?

I think that calling is fine because we can't 4-bet/call as profitably against him with 127 BBs (although 4-bet/call wouldn't be a huge mistake).

As played the river is a fold even if we are just to look at his stats on the river. However, even without the stats you rarely have any 10nl reg 3-barrel bluff on such a board in a 3-bet pot and there's nothing worse that they can valuebet.

So you will lose here 99/100 times if not more.