This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - AKo tptk, 3rd flush card on turn and facing a donk

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $38,40
      BB:
      $30,18
      Hero:
      $64,30

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2,00, 3 folds, SB calls $1,75, BB calls $1,50.

Flop: ($6,00) 9:diamond: , A:heart: , T:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $6,00, SB folds, BB calls $6,00.

Turn: ($18,00) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $12,00, Hero calls $12,00.

River: ($42,00) 8:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $10,18 (All-In), Hero calls $10,18.

Final Pot: $62,36
  • 3 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi kesgab,
      On the flop, bet a little less - around 5$ or so, no need to overbet. After BB's turn bet, I would simply shove, since he only has 10$ left.

Regards,
      Craig
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Hi swissmoumout,

The reason why i just called on the turn and not push, is that i was thinking and the time went up, so i just clicked call. I knew this meant an allin on river and also knew that a shove would have been better to charge draws.

But more important, i thought afterwards that i should have folded on the turn. If i shove there, i had given really good implied odds for the flush draw on the flop. And his turn bet looks quite strong for me, i don't see any worse hand donking this big into me, i think normally he wouldn't do it with only a one pair hand.

Could you explain it a bit why is a shove ok on the turn? Is it his aggressivity (more possible seimbluffs) that makes it better to hold on with this hand?

Thank you,
      kesgab
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      hi
      Sorry I didn't explain, but yes it's due to BB's stats - 4.8AF, although over a small sample, is a lot, and 61/9 vpip/pfr, he's a huge fish and hence likely to overplay Ax or try weird bluffs - I've seen total air betting in those spots
      Against a tighter opponent you could fold the turn though, since it's a very marginal (or sometimes -ev) spot to put in his stack.

Regards,
      Craig