Stack
      SB:
      $38,40
      BB:
      $30,18
      Hero:
      $64,30

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2,00, 3 folds, SB calls $1,75, BB calls $1,50.

Flop: ($6,00) 9:diamond: , A:heart: , T:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $6,00, SB folds, BB calls $6,00.

Turn: ($18,00) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $12,00, Hero calls $12,00.

River: ($42,00) 8:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $10,18 (All-In), Hero calls $10,18.

Final Pot: $62,36
  • 3 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi kesgab,
      On the flop, bet a little less - around 5$ or so, no need to overbet. After BB's turn bet, I would simply shove, since he only has 10$ left.

Regards,
      Craig
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Hi swissmoumout,

The reason why i just called on the turn and not push, is that i was thinking and the time went up, so i just clicked call. I knew this meant an allin on river and also knew that a shove would have been better to charge draws.

But more important, i thought afterwards that i should have folded on the turn. If i shove there, i had given really good implied odds for the flush draw on the flop. And his turn bet looks quite strong for me, i don't see any worse hand donking this big into me, i think normally he wouldn't do it with only a one pair hand.

Could you explain it a bit why is a shove ok on the turn? Is it his aggressivity (more possible seimbluffs) that makes it better to hold on with this hand?

Thank you,
      kesgab
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      hi
      Sorry I didn't explain, but yes it's due to BB's stats - 4.8AF, although over a small sample, is a lot, and 61/9 vpip/pfr, he's a huge fish and hence likely to overplay Ax or try weird bluffs - I've seen total air betting in those spots
      Against a tighter opponent you could fold the turn though, since it's a very marginal (or sometimes -ev) spot to put in his stack.

Regards,
      Craig