This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] JQo multiway

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $21.09 (105.5 bb)
      SB: $23.04 (115.2 bb)
      BB: $17.28 (86.4 bb)
      UTG: $31.05 (155.3 bb)
      Hero (MP): $24.74 (123.7 bb)
      CO: $30.20 (151 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, SB folds, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($2.50) 7 Q 2 (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.40, CO calls $1.40, 2 folds

Turn: ($5.30) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($5.30) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO raises to $6, Hero calls $3

Villain seemed abit laggy. No reads or stats, can only remember his image :(

FLOP: Wasnt sure about bet sizing here, but we get calls from FDs and lower PPs

TURN: Planned on x/r. probably should have just bet for value V FDs and Qx

RIVER: considering he checked back turn i dont think he has QK. I thought he mostly has busted FDs but his bet sizing doesn't make sense. wouldnt he go larger to bluff? he could have K:cX and going for thin value..
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think you should most definitely just bet 3 streets after betting flop. C/r on the turn might be a bit overplay since you are also somewhat deep.

As played, I like checking river and deciding. You want to look like not having Kx so he can bluff it or value bet his own Kx then you can make a small value raise since you represent so little, you just get many curiousity calls. When he minraises, I think it's a call... when you check turn you don't look like a value hand and you can get some hands like J7s, Q7s to minraise for value on the river imo.

Him having busted FDs in his range quite a bit makes it even better to check river imo. More stuff he could bluff with.