[NL20-NL50] JJ vs min donk/ min raise

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      MP: $15.72 (78.6 bb)
      CO: $23.44 (117.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $22.17 (110.9 bb)
      SB: $18.46 (92.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.20) T 9 2 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.20, SB raises to $2.20, BB folds, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($5.80) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.80) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

No idea what is happening on the flop haha!

I think he can play draws like this (Its the only hands i think make sesnse)

But i was too scared to get it in,

I think we are mostly flipping if we do

Calling is probably stupid because theres a ton of scare cards we end up folding on.

So planned to x/call on any non draw completing cards :)
  • 2 replies
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Fishy players usually plays nuts this way, small bet/push is more likely a draw. Flop 4bet would be overplay, because we are way behind against his value hands, and flipping vs combodraws. If he was agressive you can call, because the odds are good, and calldown on blanks, if he was passive, I think you don't make a mistake if you fold on the flop.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      Fishy players usually plays nuts this way, small bet/push is more likely a draw. Flop 4bet would be overplay, because we are way behind against his value hands, and flipping vs combodraws. If he was agressive you can call, because the odds are good, and calldown on blanks, if he was passive, I think you don't make a mistake if you fold on the flop.
      I agree. It seems like an iffy call vs his min3bet. Considering you are ahead sometimes you can probably call and play IP. It's just one of those spots where you don't know what a random player is randomly up to. :f_biggrin: When that happens, just play your own equity/range imo. Will work out for the best.