[NL20-NL50] QQ AxxA checked flop oop

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $12.29 (61.5 bb)
      MP: $20.12 (100.6 bb)
      CO: $31.81 (159 bb)
      BTN: $34.78 (173.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $25.98 (129.9 bb)
      BB: $6.40 (32 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.60, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB folds

Flop: ($1.40) A 6 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.40) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

River: ($3.40) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO raises to $5, Hero calls $3.80

Villain seemed TAG. 22/20 81 hands, FT3bet 75%(3/4)

Wasnt sure on 3betting pre......

when he checks back the flop im a little confused and think he has a hand he just wants to get to showdown with, Or he is giving up.

i think we are value betting Turn VS his PPs, and FDs

River i went for thin value, when he raises i should have just folded, he can play liek this with sets and JJ. Dont know if he ever bluff raises here......
  • 2 replies
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Pre you have a clear 3bet against a CO open, you would 3bet here quite often as bluff, so you have to 3bet here with the top of your range aswell.

Turn bet is fine, this A is good for you, there is now less Ax in his range, and after his flop check behind I'd put him on a 2nd pair type hand, that will call a turn and a river bet, so I'd vbet the river about 1/2 - 2/3 pot. I don't like this small sizing, because some ppl can go crazy if they see it, and turn SD value into bluff, ~ 1/2 pot will be better I think, but anyway, it's a bet/fold, because he usually have some SD value, and there is no missed draws in his range that he can now bluffraise with (he probably cbets them)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop 3bet FTW! Yes, you are a bit deep but he definitely calls worse. You are CO vs SB a bit deep. His calling range should be a bit wider than usual imo (plus you have no sample,we can't rely on Fv3bet to much).

Postflop, I prefer checking turn as well. You should get vbets out of some of his air that checked and also showdown value hands. Vbetting is also OK ofc, I just consider regs likely enough to vbet thin to call 2 streets and I don't need to bet myself as often as against fishier players. On the river, I would just bet a normal amount. His calling range should consist of some middle pairs because in his eyes you rep Ax that didn't 3bet preflop or nothing, he won't think you vbet QQ to that sizing.

When he raises, I keep saying I'm a nit, and would fold. He has a tight value range but has no bluff range imo.

@His turn calling range: He won't have flushdraws imo, he cbets them too often. I would say air sometimes and showdown value hands like JJ, TT, etc.