This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10Sh QQ :facepalm:

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

vill: 56/44 only 9 hands

Pre: I'm guessing easy call?

Flop: I don't know why but I thought his bet looked weak so I raised it up plus I don't want to see an A or K. Once he minraised me again I think I'm beat. Minraise pre, minraise flop? I think only w/ AA/KK or AsKs

Turn: I called because only God knows what I was doing.

River: easy check

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $14.22 (142.2 bb)
      CO: $25.49 (254.9 bb)
      UTG: $10.64 (106.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $20.70 (207 bb)
      MP: $10.70 (107 bb)
      BB: $3.62 (36.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $0.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.70) 5 7 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($3.70) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.76, Hero calls $1.76

River: ($7.22) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $7.22 pot ($0.36 rake)
      Final Board: 5 7 6 9 8
      SB showed A A and won $3.43 (-$0.13 net)
      Hero showed Q Q and won $3.43 (-$0.13 net)

Regards

RasTweet
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      won't mark as "evaluated by me" because i didn't sleep. :f_biggrin:
      i'll post in a more casual style too i guess:

pre: 4betting vs this crazy looking guy, i don't give the min3b a lot of credit and with KK+ he'll probably do something stupid like min5b when we can setmine with these stack sizes, keep in mind our 4bet sizing will be pretty much the size of a 3bet so it's w/e
      flop turn: yes we are almost definitely beat and he thinks he's being clever
      river: since i don't think that he ever has a Tx or backdoor hearts with this line i think we could try to bluff him off the split on this card, bet something near pot.
      i don't think he will fold the split too often because fish, but it is worth a shot imo :f_biggrin:
    • kriko92
      kriko92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc

river: since i don't think that he ever has a Tx or backdoor hearts with this line i think we could try to bluff him off the split on this card, bet something near pot.
      i don't think he will fold the split too often because fish, but it is worth a shot imo :f_biggrin:
      I agree that he never has Tx or flush and I also agree he won't fold the split too often vs close to potsize bet. But he will fold the split to overbet shove and that's my line on the river :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ras,

I think that preflop we should raise (4-bet) him for value here especially since he is unknown and we just min raised preflop.

As played the small cbet followed by min 3-bet is almost always a strong hand so I'd look at letting it go.

I don't think he'd fold a split on the river even if we jam.