Treat Your Poker Like A Business

• 7 replies
    • Krimica
      Krimica
      Bronze
      Hey,

I bought both books from him in November and paid. Till today I didn't get them althought I emailed him and the company but never got a response. So watch out. Later I saw that in comment of his videos a BM accused him for scamming. I m not saying he is but the company in general didnt left a nice impression.
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Really? Didnt expect that reply lol i think i will look elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply dude appreciate that
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Hey I bought the book in December and received it absolutely fine, so don't get too worried about the above. It's a good book but it might not be what you're expecting. For the most part it consists of general advice on how to manage poker as a business (duh) and the kind of problems that you can expect to arise (stress, bankroll strategy, relationship tips, etc.) when you play full time.

I feel that the book would compliment a player that is already semi-professional or hoping to make that move, but for the recreational/learning player I think there is a ton more stuff out there that is more appropriate (esp. if you want theory on the game). Dusty's book isn't going to make you great at poker, but will help you ensure that when you play full time you will manage to get it right (+EV ofc).
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Thanks bud I got loadsa poker books so might pick it up if I can get it for a decent price.
    • Krimica
      Krimica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ains21
      Hey I bought the book in December and received it absolutely fine, so don't get too worried about the above. It's a good book but it might not be what you're expecting. For the most part it consists of general advice on how to manage poker as a business (duh) and the kind of problems that you can expect to arise (stress, bankroll strategy, relationship tips, etc.) when you play full time.

I feel that the book would compliment a player that is already semi-professional or hoping to make that move, but for the recreational/learning player I think there is a ton more stuff out there that is more appropriate (esp. if you want theory on the game). Dusty's book isn't going to make you great at poker, but will help you ensure that when you play full time you will manage
      to get it right (+EV ofc).
      Where did you bought that books? I bought both of them on his official site. And as I mentioned I m not the only one who didnt get his copy. You can see a black member in one of his videos accusing him for scamming. He replied to the comment saying that its not his fault but the publisher once. And yeah, it really sucks when pay for something, you dont get it and in the end you cant contact them (sent an email even to him personally on the email stated in the coaching thread but also no reply). Its always easier to be on your side and judge.
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Where did you bought that books? I bought both of them on his official site. And as I mentioned I m not the only one who didnt get his copy. You can see a black member in one of his videos accusing him for scamming. He replied to the comment saying that its not his fault but the publisher once. And yeah, it really sucks when pay for something, you dont get it and in the end you cant contact them (sent an email even to him personally on the email stated in the coaching thread but also no reply). Its always easier to be on your side and judge.
      Hey, sorry if it sounded like I meant to say "ignore above" -- I didn't. It's not like I don't believe you .. it sounds like you had a lot of trouble and it was all very unprofessional on the publishers part. I just meant to say to OP that I didn't have any problems, that's all.
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      I read treat your poker like a business and personally would not recommend it.

Like ains21 said, the book contains general advice on how to manage your time playing poker and life etc, but it all seemed like simple common sense for anyone who finished high school..

A few examples and tips dragged on for dozens of pages. The entire book could be summed up in a single forum post or blog and save hours of reading the same thing over and over.

Just one man's opinion, treat as such.