Stacks:
      UTG ($2.69) 135bb
      UTG+1 ($2.08) 104bb
      Hero (CO) ($2.79) 140bb
      BTN ($2.66) 133bb
      SB ($3.45) 173bb
      BB ($3.88) 194bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is CO Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.12

Flop: 2:spade: 7:spade: K:club: ($0.39, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.20

Turn: K:diamond: ($0.79, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.46, UTG+1 raises to $0.92, Hero folds
  • 8 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Pre flop - value raise is fine but if he folds a lot to 3bet or has a tight opening range we could consider calling to play in position.

Flop - cb is fine against middle pocket for value like 88-JJ and we fold out Ax hands which have equity against us.

Turn - didn't change much I think we don't have any more value here so I'll check back only the K is calling here
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Pre flop - value raise is fine but if he folds a lot to 3bet or has a tight opening range we could consider calling to play in position.

Flop - cb is fine against middle pocket for value like 88-JJ and we fold out Ax hands which have equity against us.

Turn - didn't change much I think we don't have any more value here so I'll check back only the K is calling here
      Really not 3bet seems too weak, isn't it just slowplaying?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Please rephrase your question. I don't understand. Are you asking whether the turn check raise is weak or slow playin? If this is the question I think more often he is always check raising the nuts in this case Kx so we can just fold it. Check raising on the turn is pretty strong. Google beluga thereom for a more in depth explanation.

If we have reason to believe he's weak and bluffing we can call this bet thinking that he would shut down his bluffs on the river and then we check back for showdown.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Please rephrase your question. I don't understand. Are you asking whether the turn check raise is weak or slow playin? If this is the question I think more often he is always check raising the nuts in this case Kx so we can just fold it. Check raising on the turn is pretty strong. Google beluga thereom for a more in depth explanation.

If we have reason to believe he's weak and bluffing we can call this bet thinking that he would shut down his bluffs on the river and then we check back for showdown.
      I mean that calling just 0,06$ preflop is too weak (slowplaying)
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      i think that depends on your opponent. How wide is his opening range and how often does he fold to 3bet pre flop and how is his post flop tendencies like.

if hes something like 15-20% opening range with fold to 3bet like 50-60% i think we have alot of value from 3betting because hes calling alot of worse hands like QK QJ KJ AQ AJ etc

however if hes something like 30% opening range with 90% fold to 3bet and high betting frequencies on flop and turn then i think we have more value from calling and bluffcatching on flop and turns.

cgf
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      i think that depends on your opponent. How wide is his opening range and how often does he fold to 3bet pre flop and how is his post flop tendencies like.

if hes something like 15-20% opening range with fold to 3bet like 50-60% i think we have alot of value from 3betting because hes calling alot of worse hands like QK QJ KJ AQ AJ etc

however if hes something like 30% opening range with 90% fold to 3bet and high betting frequencies on flop and turn then i think we have more value from calling and bluffcatching on flop and turns.

cgf
      That's certainly true, but i believe it does have - like:

1)If he is opening pocket pairs and i'm just calling he set mines, and slowplays it on dry board i'm screwed. Isn't that true?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Actually yes. If you just call then you will end up betting flop turn and river for value and if he slow plays he will probably check raise the turn or river and that's when we fold. This is why we prefer 3betting for value so he does not that the odds to set mine against us.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      I see. Thank you very much, nice information! :f_cool: