This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Flop trips

• sleep99
      sleep99
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $1 (50 bb)
      MP: $1.91 (95.5 bb)
      CO: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.24 (62 bb)
      SB: $1.90 (95 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.92 (96 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T A
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.08) A A 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, SB raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.90, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.68 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: A A 4
      SB mucked and won $0.64 ($0.30 net)
      Hero mucked T A and lost (-$0.34 net)

Villain is 20/7 over 30 hands. When he raises, I don't think he's ever bluffing - I fold because of the fear of losing a large pot vs AJ+. Thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • sleep99
      sleep99
      Bronze
      Also, comment on all-round play and bet sizing, cheers.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I think he could also have some bluffs when he check raised and Ax of which some you beat and some you don't.

I think we can bet bigger on the flop like 6 cents for value against his middle pocket pairs and Ax.

I don't agree with the re-raise because we are isolating ourselvesaagainst the better Ax like maybe A9+ and not giving bluffs a chance to continue

I think the best way to play this is to call his check raise and allow his bluffs to continue while at the same time limiting your losses against AJ+ and also getting value from A2-A3 A5-A9

I will then plan to call turn and river because I think all Ax could play this way and we beat a decent amount of them.

Cgf
    • sleep99
      sleep99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      I think he could also have some bluffs when he check raised and Ax of which some you beat and some you don't.

I think the best way to play this is to call his check raise and allow his bluffs to continue while at the same time limiting your losses against AJ+ and also getting value from A2-A3 A5-A9

I will then plan to call turn and river because I think all Ax could play this way and we beat a decent amount of them.

Cgf
      Alright, makes total sense, need to stop thinking I'm beat in situations like this. Cheers.