[NL2-NL10] NL2 Flop trips

• sleep99
      sleep99
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $1 (50 bb)
      MP: $1.91 (95.5 bb)
      CO: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.24 (62 bb)
      SB: $1.90 (95 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.92 (96 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T A
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.08) A A 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, SB raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.90, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.68 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: A A 4
      SB mucked and won $0.64 ($0.30 net)
      Hero mucked T A and lost (-$0.34 net)

Villain is 20/7 over 30 hands. When he raises, I don't think he's ever bluffing - I fold because of the fear of losing a large pot vs AJ+. Thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • sleep99
      sleep99
      Bronze
      Also, comment on all-round play and bet sizing, cheers.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I think he could also have some bluffs when he check raised and Ax of which some you beat and some you don't.

I think we can bet bigger on the flop like 6 cents for value against his middle pocket pairs and Ax.

I don't agree with the re-raise because we are isolating ourselvesaagainst the better Ax like maybe A9+ and not giving bluffs a chance to continue

I think the best way to play this is to call his check raise and allow his bluffs to continue while at the same time limiting your losses against AJ+ and also getting value from A2-A3 A5-A9

I will then plan to call turn and river because I think all Ax could play this way and we beat a decent amount of them.

Cgf
    • sleep99
      sleep99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      I think he could also have some bluffs when he check raised and Ax of which some you beat and some you don't.

I think the best way to play this is to call his check raise and allow his bluffs to continue while at the same time limiting your losses against AJ+ and also getting value from A2-A3 A5-A9

I will then plan to call turn and river because I think all Ax could play this way and we beat a decent amount of them.

Cgf
      Alright, makes total sense, need to stop thinking I'm beat in situations like this. Cheers.