new database

• houlajk
      houlajk
      Silver
      Hi, i want create a new database on PT4. When i try ERROR apears on my screen : Unable to create PostgreSQL database: 123456
      Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason:
      FATAL: password authentication failed for user "123456"

Can somebody help me ?
  • 6 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by houlajk
      Hi, i want create a new database on PT4. When i try ERROR apears on my screen : Unable to create PostgreSQL database: 123456
      Reason: Unable to login to database (template1). Reason:
      FATAL: password authentication failed for user "123456"

Can somebody help me ?
      Why is your PostgreSQL user set to 123456? That is not a default user name for Postgres, it is usually set to postgres. Did you manually install PostgreSQL? If so, you need to know the username and password for the PostgreSQL service account. If not, then chances are you incorrectly typed in the username/password combination. Get back to us once you have the answer, good luck!
    • houlajk
      houlajk
      Silver
      i install postgreSQL manualy from this site http://www.postgresql.org/download/. When i keep User: postgres the same error apear
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      i install postgreSQL manualy from this site http://www.postgresql.org/download/. When i keep User: postgres the same error apear
      1) If you installed PostgreSQL manually from that website, then you should know the username and password you assigned to PostgreSQL. This is a user error, we cannot easily solve that, we have no way of knowing your username and password in Postgres.

2) What version of PostgreSQL did you install? We do not support 9.1 and 9.2, these will have to be replaced with an earlier version if so.

3) Do you have any data already in this database? Was it used previously with a prior version of PokerTracker or a different tracker?

The answers to 2 & 3 may help us give you an alternative solution even though we cannot easily solve the loss of a Postgres user name, we will guide you after you respond.
    • houlajk
      houlajk
      Silver
      i have 9.2 version...yes i have like 300k hands here...no it wasnt used previously...
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      i have 9.2 version...yes i have like 300k hands here...no it wasnt used previously...
      Uninstall 9.2, it is not optimized to be used for desktop applications like PokerTracker 4. We support PostgreSQL 9.0.12 (latest version), you can then manually install that version instead (64 Bit if you have a 64 Bit OS and 4Gigs or greater ram, but it really needs 8Gigs or greater to get the full benefit of the 64 Bit version). When you install the new version be sure to note the username and password you assign so this error does not happen again. Read this guide for instructions how to uninstall and reinstall Postgres - https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/databases/how-to-uninstallmanually-install-postgresql-90-windows

PS: you will need to modify it to uninstall 9.2, once that is done the rest of the instructions remain the same.
    • houlajk
      houlajk
      Silver
      thx a lot