[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: A7s in 3bet pot against 2 regs

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Mp is playing with stats 29/19/12, raise from MP 40% and fold to 3bet close to 70%.
      Sb is playing with stats 14/12/1.4.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.03)
      BB ($19.41)
      UTG ($10.16)
      CO ($9.05)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero 7:diamond: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.75, fold, UTG calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.50) 3:heart: 4:club: 7:spade:

SB checks, UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.50

TURN ($7) 3:heart: 4:club: 7:spade: 9:club:

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($7) 3:heart: 4:club: 7:spade: 9:club: K:club:

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $7.70 (AI)

On the river I thought I had enough folding equity since I didn't think that anyone can have a K there.
  • 5 replies
    • CptCap
      CptCap
      Bronze
      Is your riverbet a bluff, a value bet, or what?
      What do you expect that they will call you with?

And what was your reason to 3bet UTG?
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      It's Mp not Utg (it's 5 handed). The river bet is definitely a bluff. I don't think that this hand is ever good there if I check.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

First thing, why do we 3-bet so small? against someone that seems fishy as a bluff?

As played what range did you have both opponents on?

It looks like they have a pair at best and as long as the fish isn't a station (he can have Kx though) we can ship it there as a bluff to get some better hands to fold.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I generally 3bet smaller IP against regs, unless they are never folding to 3bets.

I think that their range is really close and it is something like 99-QQ. I think though that the SB could have sometimes AK here. I don't think that MP could play AK or KQ like that.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      I generally 3bet smaller IP against regs, unless they are never folding to 3bets.

I think that their range is really close and it is something like 99-QQ. I think though that the SB could have sometimes AK here. I don't think that MP could play AK or KQ like that.
      I think that MP is more likely to have AK than SB. SB called after two guys so I doubt he floats with AK while MP donked (maybe tempted to semibluff).