sports betting blog... any interest?

• AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      hey guys! long time no see :)

i've been away from poker for a while now, and have been dabbling in sports betting, using my own BRM and methodology. i primarily bet on Rugby League, but also dabble in a few other things (but at the end of the day, one sport is pretty much the same as another in a betting sence).

i've been thinking about starting a blog, posting full results and the thinking behind my betting, discussing sports betting BRM and how sick the swings can get, would there be any interest in doing that on here? if so, would i keep it in small talk or just throw it in the blog section?

cheers,

alc
  • 10 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hi!

Unlike in poker, I have only heard about "sportsbetting players" and never met a guy that could say he makes a living out of it. So I would be very intersted to see if it is possible and what are the strategies behind it. I've heard some complex strategies but that sounded just like sf and way to much stress and also risk.

So go for it, u have my attention. :f_biggrin:
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Nice one good idea would like to read this, I have a bet but mainly take on live betting and will bet on any sport!! I find NBA betting quite profitable and is my main vice so would be interested in your rugby betting, do a blog dude I would def follow.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Sounds interesting. I make a living off tennis and horses so would defo be stopping by.
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Holmeboy where you from dude?
    • 4KYOU
      4KYOU
      Bronze
      I'd be very interested to read more, this is something I'd really like to understand more about...any hot tips for the weekend???
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I would be interested, I make more money from sports betting than I do from poker.

I can't say I have ever looked at rugby league though as I tend to stick to what I know/enjoy watching regular and bet on Football, MMA, F1 and the odd bit of horse racing when I have time.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Sounds interesting, I can't say I know anything about rugby, but the MLB season is starting pretty soon and I also hope to get some time for betting when it starts :D
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      (but at the end of the day, one sport is pretty much the same as another in a betting sence).

I'd have to disagree, I've bet on soccer, afl, rugby, tennis and never made any money except from NRL(because I understand the game well).
      IMO I think you need to know a fair bit about the game to understand who/what to bet on and why.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      i completely agree, what i should have said was the principles of BRM and stuff like line betting is the same for any sport, but obviously the skill side is based on knowing the sport, understanding strengths/weaknesses and how to exploit this knowledge for profit :)

i would never drop money on say MLB for example, even tho i quite enjoy watching baseball when i'm in the US or on telly, i dont have enough knowledge of teams/rulings etc
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Yes yes and yes.

A sports betting blog would be great to read please and thanks