$50.00
      BB:
      $35.00
      MP2:
      $20.00
      MP3:
      $55.58

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.5) 5, K, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Turn: ($9.5) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50.

River: ($24.5) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $17.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $24.5.

BU completely unknwon

Standard hand. Flatting pre + Calling CBet should be ok. c +c +f sucks, but I am not sure if this hand is good enough to calldown or if I can already fold the Turn? Against smaller betsizes I would calldown, I think, but is he holding too often AK or better?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $55.49
      BU (Hero):
      $76.97
      SB:
      $50.25
      BB:
      $50.75
      MP2:
      $57.92
      MP3:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.75) 5, 5, 2 (2 players)
      CO bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.75) K (2 players)
      CO bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($16.75) 3 (2 players)
      CO bets $12.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16.75.

CO 25/21 CBet F/T/R 54/71/50 AF 2.4(2.5/1.6/5.5) 700hands

Calling Flop and Turn to fold River sucks...

Can I just fold the Turn? Do I have to call the River if I called the Turn?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hola,

In hand 1 I prefer 3betting pre way more than flatting. Flatting in SB is always extremely tough you should not do it too mcuh. Your default can probably be 3bet or fold and you'll be better off.

As played, I have a tough time justifying a fold because the reasoning to call pre is to dominate his hands usually. If you dominate his hands but cannot call 3 streets on about the best runout, how do you make your money? Personally, if I just flat pre here, I would choose to c/r flop for value.

Hand 2 is not similar at all. You are BU and just flat, he opens CO, you have position and it's a board perfect to triple as a bluff since a good Villain will see that Hero has here only slowplayed hands like quads or FH or a middle pair like you do while Villain himself can have Kx or better quite a bit. Given his aggression stats though, I think 99 hand is a call since it's the perfect bluffing board, an aggressive player will usually take that opportunity.
    • Majestaet
      Majestaet
      Bronze
      Isn't KQo too good to r/f pre? And folding to BU-steal seems not to be like an alternative for me. Or would u use it as your bluff-push-Range? What are better hands to flat with? SCs + Midpairs + AJ/AQ +some Kxs?

postflop: sucks here...a ton of hands have me beat (although I am playing near top of my range)...would be maybe much easier if not playing vs. unknwon...
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      The problem occurs because the top of your range here is still too weak. If you 3bet, KQ is no longer the top of your range. You can 3bet/fold, in BU vs SB you should get called by worse hands extremely often. You get value. If he would 4bet a lot, KQ is a good 3bet/5bet hand because of the blockers and it's equity is reasonable. What other better hands do you get to the river with? If you always fold the river against a bet here, how will you make money? Your range is too weak in a spot where your opponent's range will be reasonably wide and undefined.. he can bluff, he can vbet thinly and just be quite confident of you not having a very strong hand.