OOP vs loose fish?

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Is it +EV to play vs a fish(esp a loose fish) if you have to sit right before him. It feels like it's very hard to get value for your strong hands and whenever you miss the flop completely it's almost impossible to win the pot. So sometimes I choose not to sit at the table even though there's a whale until I can actually sit 1 or 2 seats after him.
  • 3 replies
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Ofc it is. Just tighten your range and value bet more. Open tighter, and that is one of rare occasions when limping might be proffitable with SC and small PP.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tommygecko
      Is it +EV to play vs a fish(esp a loose fish) if you have to sit right before him. It feels like it's very hard to get value for your strong hands and whenever you miss the flop completely it's almost impossible to win the pot. So sometimes I choose not to sit at the table even though there's a whale until I can actually sit 1 or 2 seats after him.
      Don't do this !!!! If there is a fish at the table, you play. If you wait until you have positiin on the fish you miss out on a lot, even most of the time lose the fish because his stack will rapidly go to another regular.

Adjust your range when you are on his right
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Yea I guess I just to have play tighter. I just don't like to.