[NL2-NL10] NL2 zoom. 10-5o

• hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Against unknown

Pre Flop: Me(BB) with [Ts,5c]
      bricktop8778(UTG) folds, Fru0617(MP) calls 0.02, Valeriya Ann(CO) calls 0.02, SyroviyEduar(BTN) folds, tillyadrop(SB) folds, Me(BB) checks

Flop: (6 :diamond: ,8 :heart: ,J :heart:) (3 players)
      Me(BB) checks, Fru0617(MP) checks, Valeriya Ann(LP) checks

Turn: 5 :diamond: (3 players)
      Me(BB) bets 0.04, Fru0617(MP) calls 0.04, Valeriya Ann(LP) calls 0.04

River: T :club: (3 players)
      Me(BB) checks, Fru0617(MP) bets 0.12, Valeriya Ann(LP) folds, Me(BB) calls 0.12

Final:
      Fru0617(MP) shows [Ah,5s]
      Me(BB) shows [Ts,5c]
      Me(BB) wins 0.41
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop there's nothing else we can do here.

On the flop checking here is fine.

As played, why do you bet the turn? We have bottom pair with small kicker and being three-way on this board betting is quite bad here so I'd check/fold.

As played, why do we check/call the river than bet ourselves? I'd just bet here around 1/2 pot.

Best,
      Plamen
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Yes, i had a bad feeling betting the turn. I tought maybe someone wouldn't hit anything since they checked. I have this dumb tought in my head that is saying: "but maybe they didn't hit anything, maybe this time! or this time!

Why i didn't bet the river is because i tought he would only call me
      with a better hand and maybe i would have get raised so i had to fold.
      So i decided to just call so i could see his hand and rather he do the betting.
      Is that wrong?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hvard92
      Yes, i had a bad feeling betting the turn. I tought maybe someone wouldn't hit anything since they checked. I have this dumb tought in my head that is saying: "but maybe they didn't hit anything, maybe this time! or this time!

Is that wrong?

CH/fold turn. Any hand that calls you there has a lot of equity, and as said, you can't assume that you are ever ahead on multiway pot with pair of fives with T-kicker.

River, I'd bet myself. You know, he can call lot worse there (like Jx, 8x, 6x, maybe 5x), but he raises only very strong hands like straights and stuff.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Thanks!
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Originally posted by hvard92

Is that wrong?

CH/fold turn. Any hand that calls you there has a lot of equity, and as said, you can't assume that you are ever ahead on multiway pot with pair of fives with T-kicker.

River, I'd bet myself. You know, he can call lot worse there (like Jx, 8x, 6x, maybe 5x), but he raises only very strong hands like straights and stuff.
      I agree with CPallo here as well.

If we bet the turn here and get called, most of the river cards would be bad for as and we will be OOP.

As played on the turn, there are plenty of worse hands to call the river.
      The main problem with checking here is that we give them a chance to check back their worse hands and mostly bet their better once