Lunitis
      Gold
      SB: 32/16
      2.7 af
      67% wwsf (9)
      40 hands

BB: 25/21

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $174.01 (348 bb)
      BTN: $27 (54 bb)
      SB: $35.28 (70.6 bb)
      BB: $20.18 (40.4 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $50.71 (101.4 bb)
      MP: $22.70 (45.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J K
      Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 4 J 8 (3 players)
      SB bets $9.50, BB folds, Hero calls $9.50 ?

Turn: ($23.50) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $24.28 and is all-in, Hero ?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hiya,

This is just a spot where your guess is as good as mine.. Any hand you might have noticed previously that could have tilted him? Did he overbet before? What board texture? Did he have a full stack ever? There's just not even close to enough information to make an semi-informed decision. Just because he bet so big and prepared a turn shove from his flop sizing I would fold flop since I don't want to play for stacks in this spot. He donkes 2x pot 3way and I have TP2K, I think it's too weak to get it in.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      I know nothing. Playing 9 tables i cant know what is going on in every hand. I guess was the first time he did a weird play, because i tend to have a look when hands get big.
      I was planing to call the flop to call most of the turns, but that turn its very bad, he can hit a st8 or a TP. I also didnt notice that the hand was 3 way when i was playing, because i raise (then go play other hands) and when i come back i see that im HU against a donkbet, i didnt saw the other player coming. This happens from time to time, i dont know how to avoid it, sometimes i make big mistakes playing against donkbets because i didnt notice the hand was 3 way.. Any suggestion? However i dont want to play less tables :(
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      The idea for playing more tables is to increase your hourly even though you deteriorate your game (in normal people's case). If you give up on an edge you have to know about it. I didn't play many tables on a regular basis ever.. I usually stuck to at most 9 tables and even that was for a small period of time. When I did try more tables, I started playing very tight and would basically fold in spots like this. I ended up playing very straight forward and was unaware of what was happening at the table which is not what someone should want imo.

I gave up on the idea of mass-multitabling SH. If you want to play so many tables you have to just practice and get to a point where you notice these things since they are quite important imo. Otherwise, you just give up your edge and end up a small winner or, in most and worse cases, a losing player.

LE: Maybe make a list of 'leaks' you have when multitabling and work on plugging them, for example noticing what is happening at other tables. :)