fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.10, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.40) 8:spade: 5:spade: 2:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

TURN ($1.20) 8:spade: 5:spade: 2:spade: K:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.20) 8:spade: 5:spade: 2:spade: K:heart: K:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

32/21 30 h

maybe bluff river to fold his missed draws (high cards)?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

SB limps -> Hero RAISES. :s_cool:

As played, not much you can do imo, you don't bluff him off pairs and A high calls sometimes too in this spot. You are probably better off just checking it down and accepting it's a lost pot. If you hadn't bet the flop I would like a river bet to make him fold Q, J and T high.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      SB limps -> Hero RAISES.

from another coach I heard that its not 100% hero raise. We can play post flop. This hand is so trash.

So I try to raise when I see he folds post flop or preflop after limp, or if I have somthing bit more playable.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      SB limps -> Hero RAISES.

from another coach I heard that its not 100% hero raise. We can play post flop. This hand is so trash.

So I try to raise when I see he folds post flop or preflop after limp, or if I have somthing bit more playable.
      You have to find out when they fold but not raising is dangerous sinceyou get next to no credit postflop. Just checking is fine when you face regs that limp SB with a decent range but against a fish, raising and winning now or on flop will show a lot more profit.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      You have to find out when they fold but not raising is dangerous sinceyou get next to no credit postflop.

I can skip bluffing without equity.

But he has such wide limping range that cannot do much. Especially when he checks, he probably has weak pair at best, draw. But he has lot of air. For example even if he calls with KQ no spades, I have about 50% equity.