[NL20-NL50] SB vs BB , i make a bluff

• bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      HE OPEN RAISES ALL SB SO I DECIDED I FLAT CALL IN POSITION WITH A WIDE RANGE AND USE POSITION TO STEAL.
      FIRST HAND AFTER I DECIDED THIS... COMES THIS HAND

MY QUESTION IS ... IS THERE ANYTHING WEIRD THAT SAY I AM BLUFFING , BY LOOKING AT THE BET SIZES I MAKE ON TURN AND RIVER? BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND IF MY OPPONENT WAS THE TYPE THAT IS JUST LOOKING FOR HERO CALLS OR HE MADE THE CALL BECAUSE OF MY INCONSISTENT BETTING?
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $28.00
      BB (Hero):
      $54.73
      CO:
      $39.43
      BU:
      $25.13

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 5.
      2 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.5) K, 9, 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.7) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50.

River: ($6.7) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB calls $4.00.

Final Pot: $14.7.
      Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(A 5).
      SB shows a flush, king high(5 6).

SB wins with a flush, king high(5 6).
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Usually the answer is a mix of both. Your bet sizing is a bit inconsistent but also think about your range. How many flushes do you bet like that? If it's A high flush or nothing, his flush is as good as J high flush. :)
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      i bet J high flush the same of course because i have position and it is checked to me 2 times
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bonecore
      i bet J high flush the same of course because i have position and it is checked to me 2 times
      That might be true but he doesn't know exactly what you would do. He just has a certain perception, usually most people view opponents more polarised than they are. I think your line would be fine with more consistent bet sizing but this won't guarantee a fold from your opponent when holding a weak flush. He will fold other hands that beat you though so bluff should still be +EV.