This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SB vs BB , i make a bluff

• bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      HE OPEN RAISES ALL SB SO I DECIDED I FLAT CALL IN POSITION WITH A WIDE RANGE AND USE POSITION TO STEAL.
      FIRST HAND AFTER I DECIDED THIS... COMES THIS HAND

MY QUESTION IS ... IS THERE ANYTHING WEIRD THAT SAY I AM BLUFFING , BY LOOKING AT THE BET SIZES I MAKE ON TURN AND RIVER? BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND IF MY OPPONENT WAS THE TYPE THAT IS JUST LOOKING FOR HERO CALLS OR HE MADE THE CALL BECAUSE OF MY INCONSISTENT BETTING?
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $28.00
      BB (Hero):
      $54.73
      CO:
      $39.43
      BU:
      $25.13

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 5.
      2 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.5) K, 9, 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.7) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50.

River: ($6.7) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB calls $4.00.

Final Pot: $14.7.
      Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(A 5).
      SB shows a flush, king high(5 6).

SB wins with a flush, king high(5 6).
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Usually the answer is a mix of both. Your bet sizing is a bit inconsistent but also think about your range. How many flushes do you bet like that? If it's A high flush or nothing, his flush is as good as J high flush. :)
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      i bet J high flush the same of course because i have position and it is checked to me 2 times
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bonecore
      i bet J high flush the same of course because i have position and it is checked to me 2 times
      That might be true but he doesn't know exactly what you would do. He just has a certain perception, usually most people view opponents more polarised than they are. I think your line would be fine with more consistent bet sizing but this won't guarantee a fold from your opponent when holding a weak flush. He will fold other hands that beat you though so bluff should still be +EV.