[NL20-NL50] Nl25 QQ full hose vs river ovb

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $47.07 (188.3 bb)
      CO: $25 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $31.06 (124.2 bb)
      SB: $35.26 (141 bb)
      MP: $26.09 (104.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) 3 A K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.10) A (2 players)
      BB bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

River: ($3.20) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $9.25, Hero ???

Okay, what is this, and what should we do @ 125 bb deep? :D The guy is 31/12, 60 hands, no reads. This 3x overbet makes him polarized, nuts or air, or am I wrong? Can we shove here? Could he play Ax this way? My precieved range is quite weak, Kx or weaker, and weak Ax hands, I don't know if he could play Ax this way, or maybe straight.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think I will recommend a close to insane fold.. I have not seen 3x pot bluff from randoms. First of all, if he is polarised between nuts or air, you should not shove. Your QQ is as good as JJ usually. I think folding is fine here, calling cannot be that bad considering how tight his value range is but I don't see a big difference between them.
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      But what can he have that beats us? AA/AK/KK ? not 3betting vs BTN minraise? AQ is possibly, tho it's only 2 combos. And seems fishy, maybe can play Ax or straight this way.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      But what can he have that beats us? AA/AK/KK ? not 3betting vs BTN minraise? AQ is possibly, tho it's only 2 combos. And seems fishy, maybe can play Ax or straight this way.
      A3 and AQ. That would be his value range usually. That means 8 combos or so. You need him to have 44% bluffs or worse hands to call this. I don't think he does it with a straight often enough and then he is left with next to no bluffs. Just because his value range is so narrow though, you can expect to not have a very bad call but I have never seen someone bet 3x pot as a bluff at NL25.
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Well, I really didn't think about folding tbh, but now I'd really consider. Anyway, I ended up calling, because he seemed fishy from his stat, and it seemed so unlikely to play for value here, after I shown weakness by checking flop, and just calling turn. He showed A5o, really don't know what was his purpuse with this play :f_biggrin:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      Well, I really didn't think about folding tbh, but now I'd really consider. Anyway, I ended up calling, because he seemed fishy from his stat, and it seemed so unlikely to play for value here, after I shown weakness by checking flop, and just calling turn. He showed A5o, really don't know what was his purpuse with this play :f_biggrin:
      Range merging FTW?! His line looks strong, he might make you fold AT? No big difference between call or fold imo against unknown. Now that you saw his hand, you obviously never fold next time. :f_cool: