Bad run at NL5 SH (Stats and graph)

• riks12
      riks12
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I've had a really bad run at NL5 this month, which made me think that I should let some smarter people analyze my stats. I'm playing ZOOM mosty. I used to play NL10 last few months and did okay, but after cashout I had to start playing NL5 again and I've been struggling to win.
      Quite surely most of my leaks are post-flop. I seem to call too much bets on flop and turn, that's probably because I don't pay enough attention to odds, right? Another problem seems to be my CBetting. There is way too big cap between flop and turn CBets.
      I'd like to get some feedback on my stats, what are the biggest leaks and how can I improve them. :)

Stats and graph:

Thanks in advance.
  • 9 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hmm from the looks of it you are calling 3bets OOP quite a lot. read this thread by bierbaer and stop leaking money this way.

also, you should be 3betting the most when you are IP. you have a low 3bet% from the BU but a relatively high % from BB. not sure about your game plan here, but you should probably work on this. try to adjust to your opponents and pay attention to how they react to your 3bets e.g. do they call OOP? if so you can start 3betting things like AQ and JJ for value. if they only 4bet or fold, and 4bet rarely then you can start 3bet bluffing etc etc.

your WTSD is high and your W$@SD is low in comparison so fold more before SD. although you only have ~20k hands so this could be a sample thing, but maybe not. just try to make more hero folds and less hero calls.

your cbet stat is pretty high so i'll guess you're just cbetting without considering the situation. cbet with a plan, and pick your spots carefully. i know you've probably read it, but read this article(page 2). pay close attention to the part about board texture and cut back on cbetting in bad spots. about your turn cbet stat... it could be a little higher, so maybe look for good spots to barrel but i'd say it isn't too bad.

i think that's about all i can say from looking at the stats. only thing is 25k hands is not a sample and lots of good and bad things can happen within this range. imo play another 25k hands and review. hope this helps!

Lewis.
    • immot
      immot
      Bronze
      Imo at NL5 you can tighten down a bit aswell. You get into less difficult positions by that way and are harder to beat. Maybe because you came from NL10 you think that you need to be quite aggressive, but no, there are easier ways. Nothin wrong to play tight ABC poker (micro stakes) when you are getting decent +bb/100.

Also check out (if you haven't already) "Fast fold frenzy" series by EmanuelC16: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/27591/
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Yeah your definitely a station lol. Your WTSD is really high, and you need to fold more to cbets.

Also there's a big gap between flop and turn cbet %

You could be looser in btn too...

edit: Nice link Dr.D
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      I realise you like to float alot too (your fold to flop cbet % is really low, mine's around 46% and I know that I like to float alot.) And your river call efficiency is on the low side too, don't make hero calls on these stakes especially even with hands like trips /two pair if the river is a very scary card and you get raised.

But despite those, I'm quite surprised to see your red line so low. It seems like you like to call flop and turn cbets then fold river (your fold to river cbet% is higher) so maybe you're losing lots of big pots without going to showdown. Or maybe you cbet flop, then give up turn too much.
    • redikul69
      redikul69
      Bronze
      think there is no problem with your skill ...there is problem with software and bots..

try playing on full tilt and you'll see its almost impossible to play...worst cards wins 80% of time...
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redikul69
      think there is no problem with your skill ...there is problem with software and bots..

try playing on full tilt and you'll see its almost impossible to play...worst cards wins 80% of time...
      Hi. Welcome to pokerstrategy :D

I win with worst cards too, cos I make better hands fold :P
    • redikul69
      redikul69
      Bronze
      so ..U want to tell me when i'm in good position not to call or go all in vith AK,AA ?

R U serious bro?? :s_biggrin:
    • riks12
      riks12
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for your answers, and that thread posted by DrDunne was a good reading :)
      I will try to fold to CBets a lot more now by paying more attention to pot odds. I think one reason it's so low is because I call too lightly with my draws (Even gutshots and BDFD). And also will try to cut down on flop CBetting.
    • riks12
      riks12
      Bronze
      4 days ago I decided to move back from ZOOM to normal tables and I think that fits much better to me, have had really nice 3 sessions. No doubt I've had a lot of luck as well, but there's much more fishes on normal tables so I think it's way more profitable.

Have a nice bankroll now so I can move up to NL10 again and hopefully will run good aswell.