This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AQs

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $27.15 (108.6 bb)
      MP: $25 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $26.35 (105.4 bb)
      UTG: $28.62 (114.5 bb)
      BTN: $16.47 (65.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $1, SB raises to $3, BB folds, Hero calls $2, BTN folds

Flop: ($7.25) 5 3 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($15.25) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($15.25) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ???

BTN was a huge fish.
      SB: http://pbrd.co/15BMuTl

I called preflop because BTN was a huge fish, quite passive, I'll be oop vs him tho, I guess calling is still ok (?) Postflop? Can we call on the flop, or raise with 2OC+GS? Should we bet turn? We beat his airs, and maybe he is check/calling with mid pocket pairs, or check raise with A:hX so I checked back. He checks again on the river should we bet (or shove) here, to make him fold almost anything so we don't split.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop seems fine to me.

Postflop, I dislike the flop call against such a bet on that flop. We have a gutter to a weak straight so it's not good. Since you did call, I like betting big on the river to make him fold splits since you have have 7x quite a bit, not that many flushes but he will probably not have flushes nor 7x.
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      So flop fold, or raise/broke? :) He cbets quite often, low wtsd, high wsd -> we have some FE I think
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      His WTSD is avergae and his W$SD is good, I don't see how that makes him likely to fold. His cbet is 69% which is not that wide in a 3bet pot. Our hand is just super weak here on the flop. I would definitely opt for floating with Ah, floating pairs and better but AQss is super weak, we have next to no outs like I said.