[NL20-NL50] NL25SH Zoom K7s

• adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      Man, I was tanking for ages there, trying to find a logical reason for him to shove there like that and I could not find one so I called...
      Any reasons for folding please? :)

vs Unknown

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $35.35 (141.4 bb)
      SB: $31.71 (126.8 bb)
      BB: $14.28 (57.1 bb)
      UTG: $5.54 (22.2 bb)
      MP: $59.02 (236.1 bb)
      CO: $13.47 (53.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K 7
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB calls $0.52, BB calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.86) T 6 K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.86) 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $3, BB folds, Hero calls $2

River: ($7.86) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $28.09 and is all-in, Hero calls $28.09

Results:
      $64.04 pot ($2.00 rake)
      Final Board: T 6 K 9 9
      Hero mucked K 7 and lost (-$31.71 net)
      SB showed T T and won $62.04 ($30.33 net)
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

On the flop I like cbetting for value in your spot but checking back will not be bad, I just think you miss some nice value.

Turn, bet bigger.. 1.30 or so is the sizing to use there. Your Kx is the best hand extremely often and can get many calls on such a board.

Vs his raise you are just going for clean outs (depending on his sizing) and a 9 is not a clean out so I think river is a fold. You look like a draw to him and a draw got there so shoving a FH or quads makes perfect sense from him. I would never put my opponent on a weaker hand than our K high flush so river is always a fold.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      It seems very hard for me to be able to tell whether they are shoving for value or bluffing...
      Even after your explanation it still makes no sense to me in this particular hand...
      I know I looked exactly like completed draw, but I also thought:
      "Would FH or Quads shove the River OOP x3.5 Pot into a completed Flush Draw or Straight Draw?"
      And I didn't think he would - cuz Straights would get scared of Flushy and Paired board and Flushes would get scared of Paired board, so why bet so much out of the blue OOP?
      Would PotBet or x1.5 PotBet or Check-Raising not be better option for him?
      I know I fell for it, but it's not like he had stats or notes on me cuz I don't know him either, so it did not make any sense to me at all...
      dammit :f_mad:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      When you call turn you look like a draw, draw hit on the river, he has a better hand than the draw that hit. If he c/r you fold because he obv has FH, if he shoves you have a tough decision because you called to hit your draw, and when you hit, you have doubts. It's also a psychological thing: you called to hit, you did so now you say 'fuck it' and won't fold ever. I quite like his play, it makes a lot of sense against your range. :) You don't call or bet anything else than a flush in your range, a straight gets it in on the turn, set puts money in earlier so you have diamonds or clubs. Diamonds hit, shipping it looks great to me.