[NL2-NL10] NL2 : TT set mine

    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.09.2012 Posts: 310
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      UTG ($2.15) 108bb
      UTG+1 ($1.99) 100bb
      CO ($2.39) 120bb
      BTN ($2.79) 140bb
      SB ($1.08) 54bb
      Hero (BB) ($2.10) 105bb

      Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is BB 10:heart: 10:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.07, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, UTG calls $0.05

      Flop: 10:diamond: 3:spade: K:heart: ($0.37, 3 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, UTG folds, CO calls $0.22

      Turn: 5:heart: ($0.81, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, CO calls $0.78

      River: 2:heart: ($2.37, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $0.98, CO folds

      Turn bet size... i didn't want to allow him tu see cheap river :heart: also it's fat value bet right?

      River left with 50bb just shove it up there is still a lot of worse hands that can call like Kx, two pairs, 33 . And a few better!
  • 6 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.10.2009 Posts: 22,364
      Hello,

      Preflop I'd fold. We don't close the action, so we can easily face a 4bet and have to fold, plus we are OOP.

      As played preflop, board is perfect for us to check and we decide to donk?

      On the turn I don't really like your huge bet. I'd bet around $0.45 here.

      The river is quite standard.

      Best,
      Plamen
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.09.2012 Posts: 310
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

      Preflop I'd fold. We don't close the action, so we can easily face a 4bet and have to fold, plus we are OOP.

      As played preflop, board is perfect for us to check and we decide to donk?

      On the turn I don't really like your huge bet. I'd bet around $0.45 here.

      The river is quite standard.

      Best,
      Plamen
      On NL2 they rarely ever 4bet (fishes) so i knew 6bb isn't that high of a price too call.

      I agree that donk bet was bad move, so you prefer check/raise or check/call since the board is dry only JQ have OESD.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.10.2009 Posts: 22,364
      Why would you expect UTG to be a fish here?

      On the flop I prefer check/raising here. People aren't really going to fold a top pair, and I don't expect them to bluff quite a lot if get called on the flop.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.09.2012 Posts: 310
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Why would you expect UTG to be a fish here?
      UTG was ABC
      But CO was fish because min 3bet
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.10.2009 Posts: 22,364
      Well, so you don't expect the UTG to 4bet with something like JJ+, AQ+? Which is probably a significant part from his UTG range?

      Also, another problem is that even if we hit a set, it is not necessarily the best hand, and we aren't really going to stack off every time we hit a set, so these two also make us wanting to fold.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.09.2012 Posts: 310
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Well, so you don't expect the UTG to 4bet with something like JJ+, AQ+? Which is probably a significant part from his UTG range?

      Also, another problem is that even if we hit a set, it is not necessarily the best hand, and we aren't really going to stack off every time we hit a set, so these two also make us wanting to fold.
      My mistake, thanks