This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl10 sh AQo 3bet against fishy BTN

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $16.31 (163.1 bb)
      BB: $10.32 (103.2 bb)
      CO: $12.55 (125.5 bb)
      BTN: $6.79 (67.9 bb) 48/24/fld 3bet 0 /WTSD 36/25 hands

Preflop: Hero is BB with A :club: Q :spade:
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB raises to $1, BTN calls $0.70

not much stats but he def looks fishy up to this point. Preflop i 3bet for value against the fish . THe probelm though is i dont know how loose he go broke so prob is a 3bet /fold esp against 68bbs stack . Maybe against 40 bbs stack is a 3bet/shove?

Flop: ($2.05) 5:club: J:club: 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1, BTN calls $1

the board is jxxcc and i think i can prof cbet to fold his weak holding and take down the pot.

Turn: ($4.05) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, BTN checks

the turn give us the Nut fd but also paired the board. Also he got a pot size bet left on his stack. What is best? ch/fold cause when he calls we got pure EQ? as i did. Or bet/broke with our outs ? and hope that he folds.?

River: ($4.05) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, BTN bets $2.40, BB folds
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: looks fine and it is 3bet/fold versus ~70bb stack

Postflop: Not the greatest flop but we have outs so betting is fine.

As played river is a check/fold.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Pre flop - with a wide range and willingness to call 3brt we are 3betting for value. At his current stack I think he's shoving in like JJ+ AQ+ so we have a call, as stacks go towards 40bb the range gets wider and it's still a call. However when stacks approach 100bb I think his 4bet range changes to tighter like QQ+ AK and then it becomes a fold.

Flop - cb is fine but I don't think he's folding a lot middle pockets and over cards will probably still call and his random crap folds.

Turn - didn't change much I don't expect him to fold over cards or pocket pairs or any pair here which is his calling range on the flop so I think check is fine.

River - he checked back the turn and that appears weak. I don'ttthink he would check back the J or has 2 in his range or checked back the flush on the turn so I think it's heavily weighted towards bluff and with AQ we have a decent bluff catcher and can make a profitable bluff catch.