[NL20-NL50] QQ vs 3b

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 39.14 BB (VPIP: 8.11, PFR: 5.41, 3Bet Preflop: 3.03, Hands: 79)
      BB: 217.84 BB (VPIP: 18.68, PFR: 15.53, 3Bet Preflop: 8.00, Hands: 394)
      CO: 106.92 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
      Hero (BTN): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, fold, BB raises to 7 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Flop: (14.5 BB, 2 players) 9:spade: 4:diamond: 3:club:
      BB bets 7.24 BB, Hero calls 7.24 BB

Turn: (28.98 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
      BB bets 15 BB, Hero calls 15 BB

River: (58.98 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets 44.22 BB, fold

He folds to 4bet after 3bet 2/2. He barrels flop 83% turn 100% river no info. thats why I call. Should I raise any street?

In NL50 I almost never 4bet as bluff, because it almost never works for me. People shove TT+, AQ+, sometimes even worse. So I adapted by calling 3bets more often vs wide 3betters with KQ, AJ, AQ, 88-JJ, and I 4bet QQ+, AK+ for pure value. This works so far, but I think since they are mostly reggs, that if they analyse my play they can adapt to my 4bets (when they see it is for value). So is it then better to never 4bet, and always just call, because people are barreling a lot in 3bet pots and spewing money. I noticed that they dont make many mistakes preflop, but postflop they do a lot.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

4bet bluffing is not necessary like you noticed, I definitely agree with that. When people don't give you credit when you 4bet though, QQ becomes the nuts so I think you should 4bet this preflop. Calling is still +EV ofc.

Postflop, I think you played it the best it can be played. He will continue to vbet 9x or better all the way and also bluff. You are under-representing your hand a lot so his will barrel often in my opinion.

is it then better to never 4bet, and always just call, because people are barreling a lot in 3bet pots and spewing money. I noticed that they dont make many mistakes preflop, but postflop they do a lot.

I've been thinking about this too. I think against regs you can do this (IP and OOP) while against fish, stick to 4betting for value. Regs have good preflop play like you said and it makes a lot of sense to go postflop, force the game to get to the river IP.

@OOP: I'm often asked how to counter people that 3bet a lot IP because at some point you have to start calling. Most people worry about having a 'face-up' range when they flat a 3bet OOP so I usually suggest trying out flatting only insted of 4betting so you have a strong and uncapped range.