Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 4:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.60) J:spade: A:club: 2:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

TURN ($3.60) J:spade: A:club: 2:diamond: K:diamond:

BB bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

RIVER ($7.10) J:spade: A:club: 2:diamond: K:diamond: 2:club:

BB bets $8, Hero....

Have no info on villain only 17/14 in 37 hands. My game plan was bet flop, turn, cbh river. Do you agree? What is his range when he donks turn? Would you just call? What about the river? I Dont think he is playing JJ, 22 donking turn also theres so few comobos of those hands. I dont see a Ax overbetting the river. AJ, QT?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey LockONNN,

Overall gameplan sounds good, you correctly identified that this hand is not worth 3 streets of value. Usually bet/bet/check is great when the board is draw heavy. When opponent's range consists of mainly showdown hands but very few draws sometimes a bet/check/bet or even check/bet/bet line can work better. AJ2r is reasonably dry so one of those alternative lines may even work better.

Turn donk - I would imagine you are beat a lot. Absolute bottom of value range is like ATo imo. However you have potentially 9 -14 outs and have a profitable flat.

River should be pretty easy fold imo. I don't think it really matters that you effectively have TPTK on paired board.