[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK Flop all in

• Chowchow12
      Hey there, been a while since i have been playing so I apologize if this is a terrible post.

I wasn't playing with a HUD so I will not be posting stats.

My overall impression with the player was he was a fish, this was pretty early on in my session so I didn't have many reads, but he was pretty aggressive, and I wouldn't have put it past him to shove with AT etc.

The flop of was pretty bad, and to be honest I wasn't all that sure if he flopped a straight, against a reg, or a more passive player i would have folded here, but with what i had said above this made me think about what to do. I felt like this would happen with a alot of top pairs, sets, straight, so If i do call it is at the bottom of his range, so the pot was $1.68 and i had to invest a dollar so i need 66% equity, but also he was pretty aggressive so I wouldn't have put it past him to do this as a bluff. (No specific read, but just a general impression.)

On the otherside if he was going to call this what would he do it with? JQ definatly is in his range here, but I don't know about 67, regardless he was fishy so it was a tough desicion for me.

I hope my line of thinking is correct here.

Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $6.32 (158 bb)
      BTN: $4.99 (124.8 bb)
      SB: $1.20 (30 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.76 (119 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      CO folds, BTN calls $0.04, SB raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $0.24, BTN calls $0.20, SB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.72) 8 T 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.96 and is all-in, Hero ??
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      Hey ChowChow12,

Preflop raise is good. I'd probably make your sizing a little larger to avoid a multiway pot. You can make it small-ish since SB is short-stacked, but I'd still raise it to at least $0.40 or so.

On the flop you need 36% equity to call, so check your calculations ;)
      If it wasn't for the fact that we had the BTN still to act behind us who has a deep stack I think you can call here, although it's close.

Because we have to worry about the button flatting or shoving after we call I think it's ok just to fold KK, the flop is obviously not good for you.
    • Chowchow12
      Forgot to add my bet into the final pot haha, thanks for the catch on that :)