This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK Flop all in

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Hey there, been a while since i have been playing so I apologize if this is a terrible post.

I wasn't playing with a HUD so I will not be posting stats.

My overall impression with the player was he was a fish, this was pretty early on in my session so I didn't have many reads, but he was pretty aggressive, and I wouldn't have put it past him to shove with AT etc.

The flop of was pretty bad, and to be honest I wasn't all that sure if he flopped a straight, against a reg, or a more passive player i would have folded here, but with what i had said above this made me think about what to do. I felt like this would happen with a alot of top pairs, sets, straight, so If i do call it is at the bottom of his range, so the pot was $1.68 and i had to invest a dollar so i need 66% equity, but also he was pretty aggressive so I wouldn't have put it past him to do this as a bluff. (No specific read, but just a general impression.)

On the otherside if he was going to call this what would he do it with? JQ definatly is in his range here, but I don't know about 67, regardless he was fishy so it was a tough desicion for me.

I hope my line of thinking is correct here.

Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $6.32 (158 bb)
      BTN: $4.99 (124.8 bb)
      SB: $1.20 (30 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.76 (119 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      CO folds, BTN calls $0.04, SB raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $0.24, BTN calls $0.20, SB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.72) 8 T 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.96 and is all-in, Hero ??
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ChowChow12,

Preflop raise is good. I'd probably make your sizing a little larger to avoid a multiway pot. You can make it small-ish since SB is short-stacked, but I'd still raise it to at least $0.40 or so.

On the flop you need 36% equity to call, so check your calculations ;)
      If it wasn't for the fact that we had the BTN still to act behind us who has a deep stack I think you can call here, although it's close.

Because we have to worry about the button flatting or shoving after we call I think it's ok just to fold KK, the flop is obviously not good for you.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Forgot to add my bet into the final pot haha, thanks for the catch on that :)