Big leak spotted any ideas how to fix it!

• Stu24023
      I know this may sound like a strange comment, but I have noticed looking over old databases and recent play that I do not fold when people bet into me.

This is also true for me betting tptk or tpgk and getting called down when I have the initiative.

It seems I have an issue believing people, or I might be missing things that they are trying to tell me!

When I have middle pair or a draw I can fold! but not it seems at other times.

This has caused my blue line to be in constant decline, along with my green.

I know I have more issues than this, but if anyone has any constructive feedback or ideas, then please let me know! I need to fix this!

• 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi Stu24023,
      Since this is essentially a strategy question, I've moved it to that forum.

In regards to your question, if you think you are not folding enough -- fold more.

I know that isn't very helpful -- you knew it already.

Think ranges, not hands.

I don't know what limits you're playing, but I suggest watching pleno1's coaching sessions on Wednesday.

He bets things you wouldn't believe -- then folds things I would cling to like glue.

But he explains why in each case.

All the best,
    • maheepsangari
      The first and easiest step could be to focus on opponents AF, Agg% and Cbet/Fold to Cbet stats.

If opponent has low fold to cbet stat and you bet TP into him an he calls, its ok he'll call with a lot worse. If his fold to cbet however is very high then be cautious and don't overvalue TP hands. Similarly you can call down lighter against someone with high cbet and fold against someone with low cbet.

When someone with low AF or Agg% is betting into you can fold weak-medium strength hands as his range will mostly be better than yours and if his AF/Agg% is high then he'll have lots of bluffs too and you can call with medium hands like TP (however don't call down 3 streets with weak hands).

This is very basic but can get you started on how to logically assess some obvious spot to fix your leak. Slowly and slowly you'll get more logical in your thought process and will have a reason behind the things you do rather than just call/bet etc. cause you have a hand like TP.