Wtf?

• NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hi.
      After PartyPoker´s segregating stuff I have decided to switch poker site.
      I have deposited some money to Unibet but what the heck. There are no non-anonymous tables when I am online on NL100 but was is weirder if I start different Microgaming client I can see 4 tables. I am using same filters but of course I have tried all filters off. Same results. Why is that? Does it mean u can´t play anything else then anon tables while on Unibet and if you are playing on another Microgaming client you can see solid amount of normal tables? Don´t get it.
  • 16 replies
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      BTW I have print screened few normal tables on XYZ Microgaming client and when I loged in to Unibet I have used Find a Player feature and I have not found a single player which were playing normal tables on XYZ client.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey NymXXL,

This is indeed very unusual. However, I cannot answer whether this is the norm or not. You will have to contact Microgaming and see what the situation is here.

Please keep us up to date on your findings.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Are the table names GREEN in the lobby?

I'm sure the green tables are exlusive to client and tables with BLACK names share network player pool.

I only play NL20, but I would also say that ANON tables are way more popular with REC players. I do sometimes get a regular table, but it has 4regs and 1 target most of the time.
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Yes those tables are green. Thanks for help.

I am not really sure if I want to play anon tables. Are they usually weaker?

I am used to play with reads and detailed HUD information but I have to admit that anon games are soft so far.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      M not 100% sure, but I am sure they are only for the client.

Yeah I would say they are weaker. Pretty easy to spot the weaker players after a few orbits.

Also with thw new BBJ, you can sheck the chatbox to see who is posting the 2c. Whixh IMO indicates a weaker player
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Also with thw new BBJ, you can sheck the chatbox to see who is posting the 2c. Whixh IMO indicates a weaker player
      Not at NL 100 ;)
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Not at NL 100 ;)
      Why? I dont think the majority of NL100 regs could afford a 2bb/100 hit on their winrates...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Not at NL 100 ;)
      Why? I dont think the majority of NL100 regs could afford a 2bb/100 hit on their winrates...
      Ofc not majority, that's why only minority of regs are opted in. :f_biggrin:
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Not at NL 100 ;)
      Ofc not majority, that's why only minority of regs are opted in. :f_biggrin:
      I think we have new generation of grinders - BBJ pros then:D
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      See all of you are looking at this the wrong way.

I'm gonna say this at the risk of being flamed big time but here I go. It doesn;t matter what stakes you play, if you do BBJ right you'll be +EV and it makes most sense at NL 20 rather than NL 100 unlike popular belief.

Think of this situation like this, every 2 cent you put in is an investment the returns of which comes from BBJ and not from your poker winnings. Think of it as 2 separate bankrolls. The aim is to invest in BBJ when its more likely to have it hit at your stake.

So keeping that in mind its better to put in BBJ at peak hours rather than off peak, as long as it hits and you're multi tabling you get paid big. Obviously the size of the BBJ matter too.

So lets say you invest in only when BBJ is > 200k giving 20k to the prize pool. at peak hours I don't think you'll have more than at max 100 people who have opted in. so in those circumstance if say you're 6 tabling the reward is 1200 EUR so you can play 60k hands without hitting to breakeven. Mind you 60k hands when the circumstances are right. They way its hitting, seems doable.

I've given away too much information, you figure out the right conditions. ;)

Coming back to what I said originally, at NL 20 you'll have most traffic, more likely to hit BBJ at your stake and you'll have more people opted out since OMG 10 bb/100, so better payout.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      IS there anyway of calculating odds of quads over quads?

then just work out our pot odds V probability?

Also does BOTH whole cards need to be pair? Or just to make best 5 card hand?
      A:cK V Q:dQ

A A A _ Q _ Q

I really doubt it will be profitable for me to opt in. I will however keep a separate bankroll.... for the lottery :D
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      See all of you are looking at this the wrong way.

I'm gonna say this at the risk of being flamed big time but here I go. It doesn;t matter what stakes you play, if you do BBJ right you'll be +EV and it makes most sense at NL 20 rather than NL 100 unlike popular belief.

Think of this situation like this, every 2 cent you put in is an investment the returns of which comes from BBJ and not from your poker winnings. Think of it as 2 separate bankrolls. The aim is to invest in BBJ when its more likely to have it hit at your stake.

So keeping that in mind its better to put in BBJ at peak hours rather than off peak, as long as it hits and you're multi tabling you get paid big. Obviously the size of the BBJ matter too.

So lets say you invest in only when BBJ is > 200k giving 20k to the prize pool. at peak hours I don't think you'll have more than at max 100 people who have opted in. so in those circumstance if say you're 6 tabling the reward is 1200 EUR so you can play 60k hands without hitting to breakeven. Mind you 60k hands when the circumstances are right. They way its hitting, seems doable.

I've given away too much information, you figure out the right conditions. ;)

Coming back to what I said originally, at NL 20 you'll have most traffic, more likely to hit BBJ at your stake and you'll have more people opted out since OMG 10 bb/100, so better payout.
      Not gonna flame but definitely gonna disagree.

Let's say that 100% of the BBJ 2c goes into the jackpot. I dunno if it does but lets assume.

At best, you are 0 EV. Since all it is doing is pooling money together in order to redistribute it in an uneven fashion. Essentially it is like playing an MTT with no rake, where everyone is automatically all in every hand until a winner is crowned.

Maybe investing only when jackpot is big is a slight nuance that maybe can be used to make it very slightly +EV but at the same time it also holds huge variance, given that your entire possibility of profit hinges upon an extremely unlikely event and most of the time you're just losing cash and fucking your chances of being a winning player, since I doubt there are people that can beat NL20 after rake and bbj and if there are they shouldn't be playing NL20.

EDIT:
      Also GL playing 60k hands with -10bb/100 from your current winrate, unless you're very well rolled and totally annihilating the games, a streak of bad cards is just gonna snap you down to NL10 where you're then paying 20bb/100 and pretty soon relying on hitting BBJ just to not go busto.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I explained most of your points already in my earlier post.

1. 2 cents go directly into BBJ Unibet won't keep anything.

2. Its not 0 EV. If what I suggest is 0 EV then value investing is 0 EV. I have used the same principles, invest when high returns are likely, stay out of the market when they are not. Just like value investing this can be long term + EV. Not 0 or - EV cause people who invest at wrong times are -EV, like fish who invest when a BBJ has just been hit.

Money is not just being passed around cause your edge comes with your timing.

3. W.r.t your other points, I already told you, my strategy says make a distinction between this and poker. Say you invest in some stocks that lose you money a year later do you look back and say damn had I not invested I'd be a winning poker player?

You will not move down since your poker BR doesn't depend on this. Like I said, keep a separate roll just like you keep separate money for other investments.

I reiterate, I don't care what it is in bb/100, if I'm in the BBJ I'm in it to get paid and of all the factors that make it likely to get paid, one of them is traffic at your stake at that given time which will be highest for NL 20 since NL 20 is the lowest stake that qualifies for BBJ if I'm not mistaken. Hence more profitable for NL 20. Just like if I was to invest in a steel manufacturing company in Brazil or India I'd look at future prospects and likelihood of good return(traffic in room) more than the direct investment size itself compared to other parts of my folio (bb/100 w.r.t the stake I play.)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I think we should calculate like this:

we invest 0.02 $ to win lets say 100000$

we need equity 0.02 * 100/ (0.02 + 100 000) ~ 2 *10^-5 %

do we have it?

if we have then its profitable at no matter what stakes. Depends on how likely it is.

The bigger jackpot, the less equity (probability to win) we need.

Not going into details, because heard that there is something like all players at limit gets X%, you get Y, and so on.

Now need to someone do the exact match and find out from what jackpot size it is profitable, when combined all scenarios. If its profitable at all.

And yeah, unibet has bit different tables from other skins of same network.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      My post was not disagreeing with your thoughts and ideas, put i presume your reply was aimed at metza

I was just stating I dont think it is profitable for me personally, as dont fully understand the concepts you have explained. I can sort of make sense from them and you clearly have a solid strategy behind it :)

Do you have any mathematics that might help me understand? If you don't want to share, thats understandable. After all you have something that is potentially +EV, why would you want to share it and reduce your potential.

please dont take this post as an insult or any form of criticism, Im actually pretty interested in working out when/ if its +EV to enter the BBJ :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Ofc BBJ can be +EV, just that nobody has worked out at which point it becomes +EV. It was generally assumed that the old BBJ was +EV past 500k mark, so I guess we can assume the new one is +EV past much lower mark.

I'd guess ~225k or so, but that's just pulling numbers out of my ass. :f_biggrin:

Regarding the 20NL thing, yea it may be the most +EV stakes for BBJ, but almost no 20NL player will be able to afford it and moving down to 20NL from 100NL+ for BBJ hunting will very likely be lower EV than just purely playing winning poker at your normal stakes. So I rly doubt that it's worth it.

Opening one table of 20NL while grinding your normal games and not paying any attention to it is an option ofc, but the BBJ should be really high for me to bother doing it.