[NL20-NL50] [NL50] A8s 3b pot deep

• ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

Thanks again as usual for all advice, finding it really helpful so far. You guys are doing a great job.

Villain is 19/16/9.5 reg (4k hands) who I have a lot of history with. He 3-bets wide and knows I am capable of playing back at him.

3-bet SBvsBU: 19
      3-bet SBvsBU (vs. Hero): 25

C-bet flop 3b pot: 82
      Fold flop c-bet to raise 3b pot: 38 (8)
      C-bet turn 3b pot: 71
      Fold turn c-bet to raise 3b pot: 29 (7)

Pre-flop I decide to simply call because we are deep, we have history and I can have some fun post-flop. He c-bets as std, and I think raising here with BDFD/BDSD is OK. I don't expect to take it here, but can barrel any 7/8/9/Q/K/spade since I have many hands I raise here.

First question: do you think raising w the intention to barrel these cards is going to be profitable here or just spewy?

His flop calling range I think looks something like this: TT+,AJs+,KJs+,QJs,Q9s,98s,AJo+,KJo+,QJo. I think maybe discount half the sets since maybe he raises them here with smallish 3b.

Turn card is one of our barreling cards so we can bet here to put pressure on pairs/sets with the aim of shoving river to make him fold. What do you think about sizing? Sets up nearly PSB on river.

On the river we make a straight, but the bad end ofc. Do you shove here still for thin value vs. JJ/TT/QQ/AA? Are these hands still in his range at this point?

Thanks guys!

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $215.34 (430.7 bb)
      BB: $56.18 (112.4 bb)
      MP: $39.99 (80 bb)
      UTG: $65.33 (130.7 bb)
      CO: $170.02 (340 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $95.29 (190.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A 8
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.29, SB raises to $4.16, BB folds, Hero calls $2.87

Flop: ($8.82) J 4 T (2 players)
      SB bets $5.50, Hero raises to $12.50, SB calls $7

Turn: ($33.82) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $20.50, SB calls $20.50

River: ($74.82) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ???
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop I definitely like. No reason to fold your hand IP so deep against a wide range. You usually have the best hand IP => $$$.

Postflop, 100bb deep I would not raise but 200bb deep I like it. Your range here for raising will be a lot of hands that continue, whether value or semibluff imo because your nutted hands also want money in the pot since you are soo deep. I am considering the idea of almost never calling here on the flop and always raising when we continue.

On the turn it's fine ofc, on the river I think you have a check back since a) he has Kx quite a bit in his range and b) he doesn't have enough hands like TT that call our river bet imo.