[NL20-NL50] NL25 - AQ OOP no hit

• MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Villain has 63%(5/8) fold to flop Cbet, aggrFreq 50%.

Getting too creative again? Or is the check raise on the turn ok? Should I have shoved the river?

Thanks

PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 15.57, PFR: 13.82, 3Bet Preflop: 3.32, Hands: 871)
      SB: 79.8 BB (VPIP: 28.00, PFR: 8.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 26)
      BB: 117.56 BB (VPIP: 24.60, PFR: 18.15, 3Bet Preflop: 7.34, Hands: 253)
      UTG: 432.64 BB (VPIP: 21.46, PFR: 14.98, 3Bet Preflop: 5.95, Hands: 256)
      Hero (MP): 100 BB
      CO: 98 BB (VPIP: 31.82, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) 4:spade: J:club: 5:club:
      Hero bets 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB

Turn: (15.4 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 9 BB, Hero raises to 22 BB, BTN calls 13 BB

River: (59.4 BB, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows A:club: Q:diamond: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 68%, Flop 19%, Turn 27%)
      BTN shows Q:spade: J:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fours) (Pre 32%, Flop 81%, Turn 73%)
      BTN wins 56.44 BB
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

WIth NFD and 2 overs I prefer betting turn instead of c/r. Don't you think you get hands like TT to fold anway if you barrel off, esp on that runout? Once you c/r you still get called by Jx imo, prob midpairs with FD so you still have to barrel river and you end up losing more to make him fold almost the same range.
    • MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      WIth NFD and 2 overs I prefer betting turn instead of c/r. Don't you think you get hands like TT to fold anway if you barrel off, esp on that runout? Once you c/r you still get called by Jx imo, prob midpairs with FD so you still have to barrel river and you end up losing more to make him fold almost the same range.
      Agree, but the point is you win a lot more as well, right? You get value from random floats and I think he will very often fold hands below J-x, and even hands like JT will often fold, no?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MoneyStef
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Agree, but the point is you win a lot more as well, right? You get value from random floats and I think he will very often fold hands below J-x, and even hands like JT will often fold, no?
      You need to shove river to take advantage of the dead money imo. Otherwise, most floats have enough equity to call here, esp since people dislike folding at micros, you can find hands like 66 with :club: call you.
    • MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      If you think villains on 25NL will not fold often, do you think that Cbet flop, check-raise turn is a good line with strong hands? In this hand for example, would you do it with a FH or flush on the turn?

Thanks for judging all my hands by the way, the comments are very helpful.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yep, it's a good line to c/r turn here against some players. It's better to barrel against very passive players because they never bet but against some more standard aggressive player (not a total calling station) that maybe also floats cbets with trashy hands, check/raising for value is good. I also think c/r as a bluff with a hand like yours can be good because although you don't have folding equity on the turn, you have quite a bit on the river against a more reg-ish opponent that doesn't believe your turn line. Bluffs are usually more successful when you force people to put in their whole stack.

This doesn't mean it's always the best EV to bluff for stacks but you win more often (not more EV) when you do that. :)