slootbloom

• skitunibet
      skitunibet
      Bronze
      I also had read the Slootbloom book. I think its content is pretty good, hadnt heard about the shortstackstrategy before. One question does arise. If you do play like Slootbloom recommends and mainly play aaxx and simliar hands do you get them as often and win as often as requiered to pay for the rake at the site. I think not(but maybe i am wrong), especially considering that he only want us to play when we can reraise the hand almost all in. Dont you take away the value of actually getting a set when we do play the hand and get the set. Then i first read the book i thought the idea sounded good but before i actually see som mathematics that back the idea up im a litte doubtful. But the book in genereal is good, not any groundbreaking concepts if you have played the game a while but it does broaden your game.
  • 2 replies
    • Autrocka
      Autrocka
      Global
      The main idea of the book is to limp-raise a lot and to let an aggressive player (at best on your left) do the work for you. This is a nice strategy, it works pretty good for live games (also for Texas!!!), at least for the live games i know, because live games are more aggressive and you can change your seat easily.

Their are, how ever some problems with this online. The biggest problem is, you can hardly find full ring games at higher limits (on starts your rarely find a full ring game higher than 0,5-1 and on fulltilt you hardly find any) and its not a good idea to play short on the 6-max tables, as slotboom said himself in his book.

But you can use the strategy in his book to build a bankroll in the lower limits. You simply play tight and raise most of the hands you play 3BB or so if no one else raised already and you try to get all in on the flop if you hit a good draw or a reasonable made hand (and occasionally also on a steals of course).
      And if it happens that someone raises in front of you and you have AA or KK (when the raiser is loose) or some suited rundown hand and you can get >40% of your chips in ... just shove it .
      But be warned that the swings with this tactic are somehow crazy. You win hell a lot in very short time, just to loose almost as mutch in a same time later on. Don't be so foolish as i was, to think that you can earn >10BB with this ... maybe you can ... but most likley you can't.

So i recommend to read Omaha Poker by Bob Ciaffone and play shorthanded fullstack right away, as you have to change to this anyway if you want to make serious money.

Thats just my opinion of course, so don't flame me for that ... just tell us yours ;)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Autrocka
      But you can use the strategy in his book to build a bankroll in the lower limits. You simply play tight and raise most of the hands you play 3BB or so if no one else raised already...
      Slotboom's SSS is basically seeing a flop for either one-bet or your entire stack. Whilst the games which Slotboom describes involve pushing relatively small edges PF the online lowerlimit games are not aggressive enough for this and your edge will come post-flop.