$10 to 2014 WSOP Main Event

• Rick21
      Rick21
      Silver
      Hi All,

Just starting a new challenge, i'm going to try and turn $10 into enough to go to Vegas to play in WSOP Main Event in 2014, Initially I plan to play SNGs until I reach around $200 and then play a mixture of cash and MTTs depending on time available, as in the last challenge I found myself not playing because of limited time available. While I am building this BR I will study how to play cash game so I am ready to play once I get there.

Volume wise I plan to play 25-30 tourneys at a time however when it comes to cash tables I will drop the tables to 2 to begin with. This is so I can learn the game and once I am competent can then gradually increase these to around 10-15 depending on how quickly I progress.

$10 will leave me playing $0.10 tourneys, I will post a screenshot of my BR on here every couple of days to show any progress. If anyone can help with any useful coachings or videos to watch on cash games, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Previous Blog - $11 Bankroll building challenge (Old Blog)

In my previous blog I successfully turned $11 in to just over $1000 within a month and half, although my goal in this challenge was to get to $2000 I found I stopped playing as much when I realized I had 11 months left to win $1000.

March/April Goals
      :spade: Reach $100
      :spade: Study cash game
      :spade: Watch coaching's from pleno (I hear these are awesome)
  • 6 replies
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      Good Luck Rickie,

You can do it :s_cool:
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Silver
      Originally posted by Gentari
      Good Luck Rickie,

You can do it :s_cool:
      Cheers mate, hopefully I can run better over the coming weeks, tonight wasn't great :(
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Silver

Played 39 tourneys, one which was $0.55 Hot tourney! Wont be doing that again that was stupid! Which means I actually only had a 12 buy in downswing which is normal for the 10 cent 360 mans still have 82 buy-ins which is more than enough.

Will be playing some more on Thursday, but going to watch England teach Montenegro a lesson tomorrow! Considering their manager seemed to try and unsettle the team! Surely he realizes that making comments like England are running scared will only make them play better.. but then again if I was him I would probably be trying everything I can too!

England are scared - Montenegro coach Branko Brnovic

Weds is orange :D Cinema plus Pizza mmmmmmm

Will look to play over the extended weekend :) I hope to play around 200-300 during Easter and be on around $15-20 by the end of it.
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Silver
      Hi All,

Just a quick update for over easter and the past week, have been drinking and eating a lot but have struggled to find the time to play poker due to days out with sisters kids and a 3 day break to Bristol (which was freezing) but found a great all you can eat called Za Za Bazaar in Bristol ;) However will definitely play a lot more towards the end of the month.

Poker
      I only played 76 tourneys but did increase my bankroll by $12 which was good, this means im now going to play $0.25 45 mans. The volume over easter was pretty terrible but I am going to try and make up for it as we are now into April and my goal is to have $100 by the end of the month (so lots of hard work to do)

• RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      have you learned lesson from Montenegro? ;(
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Silver
      Originally posted by RedStarUltras
      have you learned lesson from Montenegro? ;(
      Nope lol ive learned that England just suck and sit back on 1-0 leads way too often!! Although Montenegro deserved to win because of Englands lack of attacking in the 2nd half plus the boredom did get the best of me, although I did have beer to cheer me up! ;)