randomly lose connection to pokerstars???

• 5 replies
    • EnterG
      I don't think is pokerstars related.Check your pc for problems.
    • TheMarxBros3
      I agree.
      Pokerstars has one of the best servers in the business.
      There have been days when I couldn't stay connected to Everest because my service provider was having problems but stars always pulled me back in when I switched to playing there.

• VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      This afternoon, I went through a spell where pokerstar's network status was "bad" for almost half an hour.

I have a tool called pingplotter that traces internet routes, and the problem actually existed in a router in London.

Since that path taken by internet data varies over time, and varies from location to location it is quite possible for one person to be experiencing problems at the same time that others are seeing no errors at all.

If you click on "help" in the pokerstars client, then "network status" and "advanced" you can see how the internet appears to you.
      If you can see the various servers, but NOT pokerstars, there is a report button that you can use to generate a log that may be of interest to pokerstars tech support.

Smooth surfing...
      Pretty interesting VS - thank you :)
    • klompa
      I had the same problem.My Stars client would just freeze and restart every day at the same time.
      I contacted their support,sent them all the logs,reports...everything and they said it's a problem with my provider and the path the signal takes on it's way to Pokerstars.It gets "stuck" on a certain location.

They suggested I talk to my service provider and ask them to change the path of the signal but that's never gonna happen, I can imagine their faces when I would ask them to do that...

Meanwhile, I moved to another city,changed provider and I still have the same problem only now it happens in a different time :)

So, if you live in a country where companies actually care about their customers, you can try to talk to your service provider and ask them to sort it out.
      If the problem is the same,ofc.