Happy hour on Stars

• Joenaes
      It is Omaha week on Stars this week and they have 4 hours of happy hour every day. Do we also get extra Pokerstrategypoints for that?

I read in the site description that we get 1 point per 2VPP so I assume so?
  • 5 replies
      Hey Joenaes,

Hope you are well?

That's a really good question! I am not sure if bonus VPP count in this instance and I don't want to go down the road of assuming :) Let me see if I can get you a definitive answer on this.

Kind regards,
    • tonypmm
      As Stars are holding happy hours again this week as part of the Omaha week (Aug 4-10; 4:00-4:59 and 20:00-20:59 ET for all Omaha games and 12:00-12:59 ET for the game of the day (all Omaha on Sunday); 1.5x VPP & FPP boost), I accidentally asked the same question in the Level-Up thread, but it rather belongs here.

Well, sorry for nitpicking once again... just there might be some discrepancy between revenue and VPP data that Pokerstars Partners will provide, so I'm here to tell the reason so that you aren't lost in the guessing game when the reports arrive :f_biggrin:

VPPs in the VIP level counter do get the 1.5x multiplier as I've just found out by trial and error :f_love:

However, there's indeed little sense for Pokerstrategy to honour that multiplier as your revenue doesn't get multiplied by 1.5, quite on the contrary, it falls dramatically. I'm on the players' side here obviously, but still prefer to be honest with you as it won't really affect my own bottom line.

The problem for you is whether Pokerstars Partners will provide a special breakdown separating VPPs earned at happy hours in eligible games from all other VPPs (there's even no special distinction between bonus and base VPPs in the client, just the normal VPP count grows 1.5 times faster).

If they don't do this breakdown, like they probably don't do for nanostake / full ring multipliers (6 / 7 / whatever VPPs per $ of rake), then prepare to tighten your belts :f_cool: After all, the SP earning rate is advertised as 1 SP for 2 VPPs, not tied to $ of rake.

The same situation occured once more during the VIP club month (August 2013). It would be nice if Gary stepped in and told us the resolution he got on one of the two occasions. I wasn't around then so can't tell.

What I remember is that, in January 2014, the bonus VPPs from the Jumpstart promotion did count towards SPs (as I wrote in that thread), but I didn't look the SP breakdown by dates then so can't be 100% sure if those extra SPs got credited manually as your goodwill or automatically because Stars didn't provide a detailed report, or maybe if I just miscalculated SPs then.

Anyway, the report for today will show Stars'/your stance on that (as seen in the amount of SPs to be credited to me) when it arrives.

As you're running the Level-Up promotion currently, it would be also nice to know whether the bonus VPPs will count into that promo as well (repost in the resolution in the Level-Up thread as well, please).
    • Lazza61
      Hey tonypmm,

In the past multipliers were generally run only on FPPs. As this promotion apparently also includes VPPs, it is possible you will be getting some bonus SPs. Apparently this may have also happened during a previous promotion.

If you do get extra. Enjoy. :f_biggrin:

• tonypmm
      I confirm that SPs are awarded for the full amount of VPPs, including bonus VPPs. Many thanks :f_love:
    • TinoLaan
      Great news :f_love: