PT3 missing hands

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Every now and then I find that PT3 misses a hand out from its tracking. I will go to look at it to flag it for review, but all the hands immediately before it and after it are there, but it doesn't show up.

I then look in the main database but it is missing also. This happens to maybe 1-5% of hands. I had a session where I was up 5BI and it showed me only up 2BI. I had another session that was down 0.5BI and it showed +1BI. It seems to happen mostly to the hands that play big pots.

It is not rakeback making the difference since the site I play on you have to cash in rakeback with points. Nor have I got any filters on that may be blocking them. The hands are just not importing and I'm not sure why...
  • 4 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      What site are you playing at? If PT3 is missing hands there are two possibilities.

1) The site's hand histories are at fault, you would be surprised at how often we see hand histories with action listed that is not possible, or bugs where the stack sizes are listed at zero and tagged as sitting out yet the player has an activity later in the hand. iPoker and Party (Mac client only) are known to have these problems for example, we have notified the networks but the issues remain. We suspect this is because not a lot of effort goes into developing hand histories, in some scenarios it is an afterthought rather than a necessity.

2) As new game formats come out, especially with tournaments, you will find that PokerTracker 3 will begin to have more problems. This is because we no longer develop for PokerTracker 3, all of our focus is on PokerTracker 4 now (which has been out for 8 months). We will continue to fix bugs found in PokerTracker 3, but that basically means stats that need improvement.. we no longer support changes made to the hand history file by poker rooms. Since all PokerTracker 3 users get a 60% or greater discount off the price of an upgrade, we advise making the commitment to get PokerTracker 4 to assure your import remains compliant with any changes made to hand histories, games or tables by your poker room.

- TT
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Moved into our dedicated PokerTracker sub forum :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerTracker
      What site are you playing at? If PT3 is missing hands there are two possibilities.

1) The site's hand histories are at fault, you would be surprised at how often we see hand histories with action listed that is not possible, or bugs where the stack sizes are listed at zero and tagged as sitting out yet the player has an activity later in the hand. iPoker and Party (Mac client only) are known to have these problems for example, we have notified the networks but the issues remain. We suspect this is because not a lot of effort goes into developing hand histories, in some scenarios it is an afterthought rather than a necessity.

2) As new game formats come out, especially with tournaments, you will find that PokerTracker 3 will begin to have more problems. This is because we no longer develop for PokerTracker 3, all of our focus is on PokerTracker 4 now (which has been out for 8 months). We will continue to fix bugs found in PokerTracker 3, but that basically means stats that need improvement.. we no longer support changes made to the hand history file by poker rooms. Since all PokerTracker 3 users get a 60% or greater discount off the price of an upgrade, we advise making the commitment to get PokerTracker 4 to assure your import remains compliant with any changes made to hand histories, games or tables by your poker room.

- TT
      Hi,
      I do have PT4 but can't use it yet cos I don't have enough ram. :f_biggrin:

I am playing regular format cash games at Microgaming. (24hpoker)
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      We sugest you keep an eye on the Import Status window, if you find hands that are rejected due to an import error, then send us your handhistory.dat file along with the hand # that was rejected, and we will investigate.

PS: There are numerous issues with Microgaming (MPN) due to their recent introduction of a new BBJ that is contributed from your stack, these tables will be supported in PokerTracker 4 but they will not be supported in PokerTracker 3 because we are no longer developing for new features released by poker sites in PT3. We recommend avoiding the BBJ tables if your going to use PT3.