This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH NL5 FAST A2s

• Ricco88
      Ricco88
      Bronze
      Button ($5.57) Unknown
      Hero (UTG) ($9.64)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2, A
      Hero bets $0.17, 2 folds, Button calls $0.17, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.41) 4, 3, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, Button calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.91) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.55, Button raises to $1.50, Hero folds

Preflop: Sometimes I openraise the hand, sometimes not, depends on my opponents.
      Flop: In this spot with the gutshot pretty default cBet for me, after he calls me I still give him several overcards and pairs.
      Turn: As the Ace comes I want to give him the chance to float me, simultaneously I want to adopt potcontrol so my plan is to x/c him. But as he donks a minbet I think he must be really weak, so I decide to raise him. I choose a smaller betsize that he feels likely to call me with a hand like 77+, but as he 4bets I feel like I'm way behind and decide to quick fold.

How can I improve my game in this spot? Just call the donk if i already planed to x/c him for potcontrol and bluff induce or maybe just raise him bigger? Or maybe just playing straight forward, no check, maybe b/f $0,6 ?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ricco,

PReflop: looks fine

Postflop: I would cbet slightly larger OOP and as played I would prefer to cbet myself for value versus draws and pairs. 1/2 pot bet is good enough.

And it would be a bet/fold.