This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh 55 BTN

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $5.23 (130.8 bb)
      BB: $4.97 (124.2 bb)
      UTG: $4.69 (117.3 bb)
      MP: $5.36 (134 bb)
      CO: $9.77 (244.2 bb)
      BTN: $10.76 (269 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 5 :club: 5 :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.46) J:spade: 2:heart: K:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, BTN bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30

not reads. THe board sucks for our hand + he might ch/call a lot of hands like weak Kx Jx draws and stuff . But also his checks show weakness so i take a stab and bet ? Ok or better play fit or fold ? and just c/f our hand ?

Turn: ($1.06) 3:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.06) J:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, BTN checks
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Betting the flop to take it down is perfectly fine. The bet size is good as well.

Once he calls and a blank hits the turn I'd give up as well.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze

As u have told me in previous hands . U would 2nd barrel spades ? or big cards ? Cause i am pretty much always bet the flop and ch/fold the turn.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa

As u have told me in previous hands . U would 2nd barrel spades ? or big cards ? Cause i am pretty much always bet the flop and ch/fold the turn.
      What do you think his range is after calling you?

What cards would help you take down the pot?
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      hmmm the range i put him on is FD's and Kx Jx .

There arent many cards ,if any that help us on the turn against that range i think. So its better to to ch/fold in all turns ? cause even if he got a weak J or K he prob calls one more and we would have to barrel 3 streets .
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa
      hmmm the range i put him on is FD's and Kx Jx .

There arent many cards ,if any that help us on the turn against that range i think. So its better to to ch/fold in all turns ? cause even if he got a weak J or K he prob calls one more and we would have to barrel 3 streets .
      That's a pretty wide range for ck/calling there. So then what's left for him to cbet with if he checks all those hands? 2p+ and nothing?

I think that some weak Kx, Jx and maybe some weak draws are part of his range. I think we can easily bluff a draw completing card for example and can even consider firing turn/river on other cards to get him to fold weak showdown hands.