Zoom Poker?

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Hi there. I haven't really seen any advice on zoom poker. I just started playing after a few years off...

Is it even worth using an HUD in Zoom poker? I'm constantly fast folding so I'm getting no information on players. If I've got a player and the HUD is telling me I've seen him 100 times...it's likely I haven't actually seen him to the flop more than a few times and maybe never beyond that.

If this is the case, aren't we playing zoom poker basically blind? I'm just playing 0.01/0.02 and 0.05/0.010 levels right now, but I'm curious as to whether it's worth playing zoom poker as you essentially end up with no information on players.
  • 15 replies
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      when the player pools are big it is true that you usually won't have a big handcount on how he plays postflop. however it's still very useful even with low handcount to get an overall idea of how he plays.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply.

My concern is that even though I've seen the person say, 100 times, the HUD will have recorded super limited information on him. Like, if I fast fold before people even bet preflop...can I really trust the information in my HUD
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      It doesn't matter if you fast folded and didnt see the flop you still get all the post flop stats. The way the hud works is that it imports the hand history file that pokerstars sents you after the hand is finished and when playing zoom poker you still get the whole hand history file even if you fast folded, the file is sent to you when the whole hand is finished.

Hope that helps
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Depends how the poker client works I guess. If it writes the hands to the drive regardless of whether or not you play post-flop (which most do AFAIK), your HUD will still give you relevant stats (you just won't have many vs. hero). I know PartyPoker writes the whole hand regardless.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'll just pop this over to our PokerStars board.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      No way! It gives you the whole hand information?! Well that is definitely good to know! Sure am glad I posted this then. Great news.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      yeah, you just need to wait a bit for the hand to finish :)
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Using the ctrl button when you fold you can watch the hand to see if you made the right call.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by mute20
      Using the ctrl button when you fold you can watch the hand to see if you made the right call.
      Imo, when you do this it means you are unsure in your decision. If you did the right call or fold you shouldn't really care about later streets when folded, because you should know that it was right decision, if you are unsure, improve your game. :)
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      there is a difference between "gambler's curiosity" and building up Ranges Assessing Skills :f_cool:
      watching hands it's also good for making notes on opponents :f_biggrin:
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by adasko99
      there is a difference between "gambler's curiosity" and building up Ranges Assessing Skills :f_cool:
      I agree on that note, as when I see someone open-shove 100BB, I do watch and stick a note on him what he insta shoves.

EDIT:

Ranges Assessing Skills

Abbreviated as RAS.

Ras.

RasTweet. :f_o:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Originally posted by adasko99
      I agree on that note, as when I see someone open-shove 100BB, I do watch and stick a note on him what he insta shoves.

EDIT:

Ranges Assessing Skills

Abbreviated as RAS.

Ras.

RasTweet. :f_o:
      Nuff said :f_cool:
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Does HM1 also store whole hand after it is over?

The field is very specific and lose, without enough hands it is hard to make decisions, so I guess just playing 4 tables and folding every your hand with ctrl is a very profitable style of playing.
    • immot
      immot
      Bronze
      Isn't it obvious that whole hand is saved into database? I mean pokerstars doesn't save the hand unless it's finished and hand isn't finished with you folding it. Zoom poker isn't no different than any other poker, only big fishes are harder to "catch" (finding them in specific tables normally vs getting chance to play them at 400 player pool), but it's still perfectly doable.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerferrer
      Does HM1 also store whole hand after it is over?

The field is very specific and lose, without enough hands it is hard to make decisions, so I guess just playing 4 tables and folding every your hand with ctrl is a very profitable style of playing.
      In both HEM1 and HEM2 , zoom history in zoom game is saved. You have to wait for the hand to be completed before it is stored in the HEM database.

Regards

Thazar