[NL20-NL50] QJo 4b

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 104.24 BB (VPIP: 21.04, PFR: 15.50, 3Bet Preflop: 7.91, Hands: 633)
      UTG: 3.18 BB (VPIP: 20.18, PFR: 8.90, 3Bet Preflop: 2.99, Hands: 347)
      MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 21.56, PFR: 15.83, 3Bet Preflop: 4.85, Hands: 835)
      CO: 153.16 BB (VPIP: 23.21, PFR: 17.91, 3Bet Preflop: 9.62, Hands: 1,238)
      BTN: 99 BB (VPIP: 23.79, PFR: 19.94, 3Bet Preflop: 9.86, Hands: 1,017)
      Hero (SB): 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, BTN raises to 12 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (25 BB, 2 players) 6:club: J:heart: J:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (25 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets 12.5 BB, BTN calls 12.5 BB

River: (50 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero bets 75.5 BB, BTN calls 74.5 BB

BTN shows A:spade: K:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 65%, Flop 1%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows J:club: Q:diamond: (Full House, Jacks full of Queens) (Pre 35%, Flop 99%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins 193 BB

The same guy from last post where I stacked QTs he had 99.
      attempt to steal 67%. 4bets very wide.

I guess my call is very bad here OOP with not playable hand, which can just cause problem postlfop? I hoped just to hit nuts.
      Anyway, he shows in this spot that he gives me 0 credit.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

He gives you no credit, start value towning him, don't go into a spew game to see who can put in more money with trash. In this case, I don't get why you 3bet so small against someone you know won't give you credit. Did you consider calling if he never gives you credit? What about 3bet small like you did to leave space for 5bet/fold and make it like 23bb and fold to his shove?
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

He gives you no credit, start value towning him, don't go into a spew game to see who can put in more money with trash. In this case, I don't get why you 3bet so small against someone you know won't give you credit. Did you consider calling if he never gives you credit? What about 3bet small like you did to leave space for 5bet/fold and make it like 23bb and fold to his shove?

I dont like 3bet small and then small 5bet fold because people when decide to go broke they go broke any hand they will. And if I 5bet small, he has even fold equity when he shoves e.g TT.
      I call versus him from BB, but from SB I 3bet as you suggested me, to avoid sqeeze. I 3bet small, because if he decides to 4bet he will do that regardless of my 3bet size, and he folds trash anyway.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think your sizing will still affect his a) 4bet frequency, b) calling frequency and c) 4bet sizing. I would only use 5bb 3bet if you plan to 5bet some hands against him. If he has TT he doesn't fold ever vs you anyway, after you shoved QTs but if he has A5s and you 5bet, do you think he always shoves? Basically, do you think you induce more shoves than you should if you min5bet?

Regarding the SB always 3bet or fold, the suggestion is general and is my default but when BU never folds, you need to either 5bet/fold or not 3bet as much because it's clear you will face a 4bet often. If BB doesn't squeeze often you can test out calling as well. Against aggressive opponents it will always be harder and higher variance to play against so you have to accept that and not put in too much dead money in the pot with your overall ranges.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I think your sizing will still affect his a) 4bet frequency, b) calling frequency and c) 4bet sizing. I would only use 5bb 3bet if you plan to 5bet some hands against him. If he has TT he doesn't fold ever vs you anyway, after you shoved QTs but if he has A5s and you 5bet, do you think he always shoves? Basically, do you think you induce more shoves than you should if you min5bet?

Regarding the SB always 3bet or fold, the suggestion is general and is my default but when BU never folds, you need to either 5bet/fold or not 3bet as much because it's clear you will face a 4bet often. If BB doesn't squeeze often you can test out calling as well. Against aggressive opponents it will always be harder and higher variance to play against so you have to accept that and not put in too much dead money in the pot with your overall ranges.
      I aggre, if he has blocker type of hand e.g KJo, or similar he 4bets as bluff and plans to fold anyway so I lose less money then when I stack. If he has TT+ AK+ he anyways shoves so for me it is better to again lose less money.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Given the odds you can consider the preflop call as well but it makes it tough OOP ofc. You won't easily have a profitable game in your spot. Hitting the nuts obv helps.