This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 TT up against heavy action

• Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I only just started learning NL. My previous experience is in FL and SnGs.

Just wondering whether I should have 3b preflop. After the other guys' 3bet I suspected I might be behind so I called preflop mostly for set value. When I saw the flop I was conflicted about whether or not to fold. Considering that at this limit ranges may be a bit broader?

IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

SB: $5.03 (125.8 bb)
      BB: $5 (125 bb)
      MP: $6.99 (174.8 bb)
      CO: $6.03 (150.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.94 (148.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T T
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, SB raises to $0.52, BB folds, CO calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) 9 6 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $1, CO calls $1, Hero folds

Turn: ($3.60) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.20, CO calls $3.20

River: ($10) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.31 and is all-in, CO calls $0.31

Results:
      $10.62 pot ($0.70 rake)
      Final Board: 9 6 4 5 3
      SB showed K K and won $9.92 ($4.89 net)
      CO showed J J and lost (-$5.03 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ejekt,

Preflop: looks fine. Unless we have info on our opponent where we can 3-bet TT for value calling is our best play.

Postflop: As played I think that your fold on the flop is absolutely correct.

Well played.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      @Bogdan,

isn't it too weak to fold TT postflop in that spot ? Weak not in the sense of exploitable, but...burning money ? If we call TT only to setmine, then I don't know how profitable our call is. i mean isn't this the perfect flop for our hand (no overcards?).

How do you play JJ and QQ in this spot ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by bmfbpi
      @Bogdan,

isn't it too weak to fold TT postflop in that spot ? Weak not in the sense of exploitable, but...burning money ? If we call TT only to setmine, then I don't know how profitable our call is. i mean isn't this the perfect flop for our hand (no overcards?).

How do you play JJ and QQ in this spot ?
      Given we are 3-way set mining is fine.

If the flop got checked to us or lets say PFR cbet and the other guy folded it would be a different situation and I'd agree that folding would be weak.

But what do you think that CO calls a cbet with on 964r? AQo? AQs?

He almost always has a pair and there very few worse pairs than ours. Also SB cbet into 2 people so his range contains less air.