[NL2-NL10] NL5 TT up against heavy action

• Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I only just started learning NL. My previous experience is in FL and SnGs.

Just wondering whether I should have 3b preflop. After the other guys' 3bet I suspected I might be behind so I called preflop mostly for set value. When I saw the flop I was conflicted about whether or not to fold. Considering that at this limit ranges may be a bit broader?

IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

SB: $5.03 (125.8 bb)
      BB: $5 (125 bb)
      MP: $6.99 (174.8 bb)
      CO: $6.03 (150.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.94 (148.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T T
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, SB raises to $0.52, BB folds, CO calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) 9 6 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $1, CO calls $1, Hero folds

Turn: ($3.60) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.20, CO calls $3.20

River: ($10) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.31 and is all-in, CO calls $0.31

Results:
      $10.62 pot ($0.70 rake)
      Final Board: 9 6 4 5 3
      SB showed K K and won $9.92 ($4.89 net)
      CO showed J J and lost (-$5.03 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ejekt,

Preflop: looks fine. Unless we have info on our opponent where we can 3-bet TT for value calling is our best play.

Postflop: As played I think that your fold on the flop is absolutely correct.

Well played.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      @Bogdan,

isn't it too weak to fold TT postflop in that spot ? Weak not in the sense of exploitable, but...burning money ? If we call TT only to setmine, then I don't know how profitable our call is. i mean isn't this the perfect flop for our hand (no overcards?).

How do you play JJ and QQ in this spot ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by bmfbpi
      @Bogdan,

isn't it too weak to fold TT postflop in that spot ? Weak not in the sense of exploitable, but...burning money ? If we call TT only to setmine, then I don't know how profitable our call is. i mean isn't this the perfect flop for our hand (no overcards?).

How do you play JJ and QQ in this spot ?
      Given we are 3-way set mining is fine.

If the flop got checked to us or lets say PFR cbet and the other guy folded it would be a different situation and I'd agree that folding would be weak.

But what do you think that CO calls a cbet with on 964r? AQo? AQs?

He almost always has a pair and there very few worse pairs than ours. Also SB cbet into 2 people so his range contains less air.