rebuy mtt

• Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      Two questions here...

I am playing rebuys at poker stars now and than and see always the option if you want a 1x or 2x rebuy........What should we take of is that dependent of situation where you are in the tournament relating to how many bb you still have left?

what brings question two up for me.................

How many rebuys should we take and until how many bb you have left in your stack?

Thanks a lot..
  • 4 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey Angelface21 =)

Interesting question! We recently had a very similar discussion in the german forums.

Basically you should always rebuy to the maximum that is possible as long as you give yourself an edge. As long as you have an edge it is always +EV. There are very few exceptions from this, but they are of less importance.

The main advantage of rebuys is that you don't have to pay rake for them (at least not if you play pokerstars.eu/pokerstars.com). Therefore they are cheaper if you compare them to the initial buyin.

Why should you take 2 Rebuys instead of one?
      Well - if you have a double stack you will be able to accumulate double the number of chips if you go allin against another deepstacked opponent.

On a side note you should always take the addon - without exception.

Hope I was able to clear things up. If you have further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      thanks for answering this. How many rebuys you take before it does not make sense anymore taking them. Stack under 10bb?

Thanks a lot
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      This entirly depends on the circumstances. As long as I see an edge I will rebuy. Sometimes you will get a very big addon and therefore even a rebuy for very few BB's might be worth it.

You will always have to judge by yourself if sou see an edge with your stack or not.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      thanks for the answers.