• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Hi, I'm playing NL16 FR and I'm really concerned about BBvsSB. I have a problem, because I don't know with what range I should be cold calling and with what range 3betting being BB vs SB. I really like to cc a lot, because I'm in position and it is 1vs1 battle. My cold calling range mostly is suited broadways SC's, AT+,KQ, 66,77,88,99,TT and JJ. It depends on ooponent. If he is not folding to 3bets a lot, like folding 40-50%, then I'm 3betting JJ,AK, sometimes AQs and I am always 3betting QQ+ no matter that opponent is(exeption for rocks). If opponent is folding a lot to 3bets, then I'm 3betting AT, KJ, QJ, some low suited aces, 22-66. Of course there are a lot of others factors like cbetting, AF, player type, PFR, WTSD, W$SD which are influencing BBvsSB battle. I want to ask how are you playing BBvsSB overall? vs regs?
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      key question: how wide is he opening and sizing?
      in nl25- regs might open anything from 20 to 100 percent from sb, you def want to look at positional open.

in general, 3bet hands that can be called by worse or that are barely too weak to call.
      that is, AT, KJ, QJ are mostly the wrong hands to 3bet vs a villain that is "folding a lot to 3bets", as you make him fold worse and continue with better. :P
    • mbml
      Look at opening range, Open Size, fold to 3bet%, 4bet %

-If he opens wide, 3bet wider
      -If he defends wide, 3bet wider with a merged range
      -If he 4bets wider, 3bet with a wider value range of shovable hands (not KQ, but 88/77/99 and AJ/AT)

This is actually also dependent on your 3bet size. If you are like me (I make 2.5X IP 3bet sizes), then you can 3bet with a wide merged range. I would sometimes 3bet KQ/AJ in BvB despite being in position, simply because my opponents will defend all pocketpairs, some suited connectors, many suited Aces and Kings. So I can go for thinner value with those hands.