3 days 3 super deep runs

• autheking
      autheking
      Silver
      Hey, here are my results from 3 tournaments I played in the last 3 days.

Day 1: Micromillions-82 $2.2 buy in- 13k runners - finished 3rd after deal for $2.7k

Day 2: Micromillions-96 Sunday Storm $11 buy-in - 50k runners - finished 107th for $330

Day 3: Big $5.5 - 7k runners - finished 27th for $80.

I am not actually a tournament player, my main game is PLO cash(where I have been losing for the past 2 months), but after these results should I consider switching to MTTs?
  • 5 replies
    • autheking
      autheking
      Silver
      Oops I just realised that this is the Hand evaluation thread, can someone move it to a more appropriate thread?
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Originally posted by authekingI am not actually a tournament player, my main game is PLO cash(where I have been losing for the past 2 months), but after these results should I consider switching to MTTs?
      Yeah go for it if you like epic 12+ hour sessions where u have to pee into a bottle
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by autheking
      Hey, here are my results from 3 tournaments I played in the last 3 days.

Day 1: Micromillions-82 $2.2 buy in- 13k runners - finished 3rd after deal for $2.7k

Day 2: Micromillions-96 Sunday Storm $11 buy-in - 50k runners - finished 107th for $330

Day 3: Big $5.5 - 7k runners - finished 27th for $80.

I am not actually a tournament player, my main game is PLO cash(where I have been losing for the past 2 months), but after these results should I consider switching to MTTs?
      3rd place in 13k is great, esp with the deal. congrats.

I'm curious how you managed the push fold stages at low BB? Were you a bigstack from early on in the tourney, and got to run over the tables?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by autheking
      Oops I just realised that this is the Hand evaluation thread, can someone move it to a more appropriate thread?
      Will let the bosses know and get it moved for you :)
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      @breena: You are doing it wrong...

@OP: Three tournaments is not a very convincing sample size. It might as well just be a little swing. You should try to play a few hundred (better: thousand) tournaments extra in order to evaluate your chances of getting winning player.

Furthermore you have to be sure that MTT's are the right thing for you. They are extremely time consuming and can be very harsh in terms of swings. As soon as you start your session you are comitting for 8 to 10 hours of poker. Can you afforc to invest that much time?

Regards,
      Asaban