[NL20-NL50] JQs BB defence

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $21.40 (107 bb)
      BTN: $28.03 (140.2 bb)
      SB: $3.50 (17.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20 (100 bb)
      MP: $21.65 (108.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J Q
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) K 9 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.90) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.30, BTN calls $3.30

River: ($11.50) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Villain is 20/17 1.3khands
      3.2agf
      BTNsteal44%
      BTNfoldvresteal 72%
      Cbet 76%
      WTSD 25%

Preflop: I wasnt sure to 3bet or call. I prefer a call since its suited :f_biggrin:

FLOP: He is obv cbetting this board a lot. And i think he will be folding alot of the time. Is it wrong to x/r here with such good equity? when we do get it in, we are always a slight underdog, but could be profitable in ITLR with our fold equity....

TURN: I am not sure what he calls the x/r with on the flop. I think sets would reraise to protect V flushdraw. and I think Kx would fold the flop. Perhaps KQ, AK call flop. Because of this flat call, I think his range will be mostly A:dx, KQ+, perhaps AA trying to get to SD.

Im not sure if betting here will get nut flush draws to fold, but my bet was to fold out all Kx that call the flop.

RIVER: I did think of jamming the river, to rep a fullhouse, and he could use the K to bluff with busted FD. but i chose to give up at this point and save myself some $$ :D
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would likely 3bet, since QJs plays very well postflop and against min-raise I can find a lot worse hands which just to call.
      Postflop play is fine. I would likely bet a little more on the turn, but since you have huge equity and now also have some showdown value then your bet is also fine. Not the best river card, so check is fine and consider that his river valuebet range are only AK+ that he might shove on the turn I would prefer c/c to induce bluff from missed draws

best regards,