This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 88 3b

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 100 BB
      UTG: 99 BB (VPIP: 22.96, PFR: 19.30, 3Bet Preflop: 9.41, Hands: 1,211)
      MP: 108.04 BB (VPIP: 20.45, PFR: 18.10, 3Bet Preflop: 7.03, Hands: 1,147)
      CO: 208.96 BB (VPIP: 26.75, PFR: 21.81, 3Bet Preflop: 7.62, Hands: 253)
      BTN: 119.9 BB (VPIP: 20.25, PFR: 13.92, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 84)
      SB: 142.38 BB (VPIP: 25.62, PFR: 22.11, 3Bet Preflop: 9.48, Hands: 1,694)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8:diamond: 8:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, SB calls 4.5 BB

Flop: (14 BB, 2 players) 9:spade: J:club: 4:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (14 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 9 BB, SB raises to 22 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

River: (58 BB, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB bets 35 BB, Hero raises to 71 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero shows 8:diamond: 8:club: (Three of a Kind, Eights)
      Hero wins 122 BB

On flop I plan to bluff catch him thats why I check behind. I call turn with plan to shove river on blank and let him bluff or bet for value QQ+, or Jx.
  • 5 replies
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Preflop is this a value 3bet, or bluff? I think it's not good for value, because unlikely that worse hands will continue, and not good for bluff either, because it has no blocker, and can't flop good. We have a decent bluffcathcer type hand often, so I'd just try to play for a small pot, and just flat it IP.

As played, I like your play on turn, can't imagine a value hand or decent draw plays like this, so calling is okay I think, to win one more streets value from his bluffs.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      Preflop is this a value 3bet, or bluff? I think it's not good for value, because unlikely that worse hands will continue, and not good for bluff either, because it has no blocker, and can't flop good. We have a decent bluffcathcer type hand often, so I'd just try to play for a small pot, and just flat it IP.

As played, I like your play on turn, can't imagine a value hand or decent draw plays like this, so calling is okay I think, to win one more streets value from his bluffs.
      It is for value, because he steals around 40% sb. Also he is aggro with 4bet blind versus blind, 4bet/folds often. So my plan was to shove this hand. He could also call AJ+, and it is still for value.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

40% isn't all that wide but if he has a really high 4bet (and if you have a really high 3bet %) then it should be ok. But if you are not that aggro then I don't like 3betting this.

I think your postflop line is fine.

Thanks.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Would a flop cbet be bad? Villains range should be broadways and some Ax hands, shouldnt we protect rather than give him a freecard?

I guess when you hit your set its easy to shove the river.

Whats your line if you dont hit? Would you just try to check it down?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Don't like cbetting here especially when we are going to get check/raised a ton. We check back and try to showdown, that's right. Don't see any value in betting and I don't think AQ is going to c/c Turn. AQ is likelier to lead the Turn as a bluff instead so we are mostly looking at some 9X/JX/TT type of hands, maybe some worse pocket pairs but I just don't see that much value in betting here.