Getting account blocked all the time because of the brute force protection

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Anyone else experiencing this problem?

It is evident that someone is trying to hack into my account, dont think I am the only one.

almost everyday I have to contact support so I can log in again, its getting really annoying.

response is always generic and never answers my questions

code:
      Hello HrabriLavek,Thank you for your message.There was an unusually high number of login attempts for your account.Because of that our Brute Force Protection System has intervened and blocked your login.I have now re-enabled your account so that you now should be able to log in again.I am sorry for the inconvenience and we try our best to stop this attacks. Should you have any further questions, please contact us again.

Few days ago I got mail that they found out about the IP doing this and they blocked it...I havent tried to log in untill today, to see again what, I cannot log in, incorrect password...send mail to support again so I can get my account unblocked...

I dont know who is targeting this and where from...maybe they are targeting users with most monthly post list
      code:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/ranking/

since I see I am on this list...doubt anyone would browse around the forum and just randomly pick member names from posts...
  • 3 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Quite few of us have had this problem over the last week or so, but to be honest I am glad that pokerstrategy have been locking down our accounts, it is inconvenient that we have to get a new login password but I would rather this than get my account hacked. ( They could be Trolls!! :coolface: )

I have to say pokerstrategy support has been brilliant in replying to all my Emails over this issue as I was concerned, because my username and password was the same at a few pokersites, which I have now changed.

Make sure you do not have the same username and password for pokerstrategy as your pokersites!!

Roo
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      +1

It is annoying for sure, but losing your account details would be far worse.

I would hope PS is working on a strategy to combat this problem though as it is incredible that it happens so often (I am surprised when I can log in atm).
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

We apologize for any inconvenience and even though we've had some trouble logging in, I would like to thank our IT guys for staying on top of this and kick the problem!

Any other questions, don't be shy to catch me on skype.
      Ingrid