BTN raises to $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10, 2 players) 8:club: A:spade: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $3.00, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.10, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets $6.25, BTN calls $6.25

River: ($23.60, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks
      Villain is unknown .
      What to do on river shove , check/call or check fold ?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dzikson,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that river can be a shove as well 3-handed and BB vs BT.

Villain's range has plenty of other Ax hands and even some pairs.

What was your plan? Ck/fold?
    • dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      Well i think I would check/call dont know is he agro but i dont beat many hands so 3 streets off value are maybe over ambitious and i dont know if his willing to call with some A9 type off hand all inn , and i think its greater posibility that he might become greedy and shove some weak Ax than his call weak Ax but maybe i am wrong so thats why i am asking you more expiriance player. And Ak, AJ beat me as well as some 8x combos hope that he doesnt have many in his 3 bet calling range .
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Check/call is the worst you can do, since he has almost no bluff range, and it's unlikely he shoves here with worse. His range here is 8x, 99-TT, weaker Ax, and maybe some X:sX float rarely.
      What you beat usually weak, and checks behind, because no point shoving, he is happy with a free showdown, what beats you shoves. So it's either shove, or if you check, it's a check/fold. I'd check/fold tho, until I know he is a fish, and can calldown with worse Ax.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah c/c is worst option. Choose between betting (if you think his range is wide and contains many worse AX which are never folding River) or check/folding if that's not the case.

I think without reads the J is the worst card in the deck for us because AJ is a good part of his range. Does he have AXs or ATo A9o? I doubt it. So c/f is reasonable.