This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQs 3 bet oop nl 25 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $42.45
      BTN: $26.30
      SB: $24.25

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:club: A:club:

BTN raises to $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10, 2 players) 8:club: A:spade: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $3.00, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.10, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets $6.25, BTN calls $6.25

River: ($23.60, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks
      Villain is unknown .
      What to do on river shove , check/call or check fold ?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dzikson,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that river can be a shove as well 3-handed and BB vs BT.

Villain's range has plenty of other Ax hands and even some pairs.

What was your plan? Ck/fold?
    • dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      Well i think I would check/call dont know is he agro but i dont beat many hands so 3 streets off value are maybe over ambitious and i dont know if his willing to call with some A9 type off hand all inn , and i think its greater posibility that he might become greedy and shove some weak Ax than his call weak Ax but maybe i am wrong so thats why i am asking you more expiriance player. And Ak, AJ beat me as well as some 8x combos hope that he doesnt have many in his 3 bet calling range .
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Check/call is the worst you can do, since he has almost no bluff range, and it's unlikely he shoves here with worse. His range here is 8x, 99-TT, weaker Ax, and maybe some X:sX float rarely.
      What you beat usually weak, and checks behind, because no point shoving, he is happy with a free showdown, what beats you shoves. So it's either shove, or if you check, it's a check/fold. I'd check/fold tho, until I know he is a fish, and can calldown with worse Ax.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah c/c is worst option. Choose between betting (if you think his range is wide and contains many worse AX which are never folding River) or check/folding if that's not the case.

I think without reads the J is the worst card in the deck for us because AJ is a good part of his range. Does he have AXs or ATo A9o? I doubt it. So c/f is reasonable.